The Piranha Nutrition Thread

gate144

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2009
quebec/canada
ive tried to feed my bellys many times with pink convict but nothing to do at each time ... is it the variety of convict is the problem ir just my ranahs are *** ???
a have nothing agaionst the *** ; its just an expression ...
thx

Zander_The_RBP

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2009
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Grats coop it became a sticky :headbang2

at above poster it may just be your piranhas i know mine arn't very interested in fish i toss in there (live ones anyway)

jp80911

Dovii
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2008
NJ
Zander_The_RBP;3872549; said:
i fed my p's beleive it or not fish flakes (big als brand) and they took them right away and blood worms that was when they were in my 29 growing out and i did daily or atleast every other day water changes to remove the leftovers
when my caribas were 2" or so they would swim up to surface and checkout some of the small floating plants I have in the tank or piece of small leaf so I thought I could try flakes and they might eat it...but they never paid attention to the flakes, so I'm stuck with feeding them fish now

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
Just think, years from now when people click on this sticky they're going to see our orginal posts. Most of us probably won't even still be here.

Great job btw.

bomber

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2007
the Office living in the now...
Great write up. Congrats on the Sticky.

Saterus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2009
Minnesota
jp80911;3873392; said:
I thought I could try flakes and they might eat it...but they never paid attention to the flakes, so I'm stuck with feeding them fish now
The easiest way I've found to get them on flakes when they aren't interested is marine flakes. It's probably not great to keep them on longer than it takes to get them eating flakes reliably but marine flakes have a strong smell and it's worked for me every time. I've only ever used it on red bellies, bichirs and small dempseys. All were basically on rosy reds and nothing else.
Once they don't hesitate to go for the flakes (usually within a week) I switch to whatever I want them eating every other day for another week and voila, they'll eat almost anything I give them.
I can't remember the brand the flakes I usually use though, I think it's Ocean Nutrition reef something..

jao209

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2009
Cherry Hill
What type/brand of pellets are good for adults? I've been using large floating cichlid pellets, but they dont work well with my overflow system

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store