The Polly Posse!!!

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
I got Variatus for the same reason myself. Free feeders ! They constantly give birth.
I got them as dither fish for my outside tank, but they breed to much, so it’s a happy coincidence!

Sparky is also 12” and still growing! The mokele and Palmas seem to be around the same size.

Reactions: Deadeye

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Officially naming this guy Kook. He is always moving around, and when he gets fed it’s the best thing to watch! Fed worms the other day and accidentally dropped in a full one. I go to pick it up and he is already there in his mouth. I let him have it and he eventually spit it out, but he certainly is a kook.

Edit: he also kicked up everything in the tank, as you can see in the first photo.

CA81B544-9715-4F08-9FE8-6DFE637FDCCA.jpeg

85C4F5E7-DD59-4503-B9D7-1FECF7C5FD0F.jpeg

Reactions: clm08k and Deadeye

Friller2009

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2021
Australia
Officially naming this guy Kook. He is always moving around, and when he gets fed it’s the best thing to watch! Fed worms the other day and accidentally dropped in a full one. I go to pick it up and he is already there in his mouth. I let him have it and he eventually spit it out, but he certainly is a kook.

Edit: he also kicked up everything in the tank, as you can see in the first photo.

View attachment 1496348

View attachment 1496349
Looking good mate. My Senegal is super shy. Just ate his (maybe her looking at the anal fin size) first thing off the feeding tongs. Pushing 7 inches now. I’ll have to try worms off the tongs next feed

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
These bichirs are so damn stubborn! I feed them one day, 2 don’t eat so I feed them the next day. Then all of them share the food. Then I need to starve them to get them back into the feeding schedule. The moke and Palmas need target feeding. Kook eats anything and everything. Sparky eats occasionally. He is stressed because rhe Palmas is on a rampage, chasing everyone, etc.

Is there any fish I can add to liven up the tank without increasing the water changing schedule?

Reactions: Deadeye

beau1990

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2018
Stanford Kentucky
The Masked Shadow The Masked Shadow not really. Anything you add will add to the bio load, you could keep the same schedule and just increase the amount changed. Then it just comes down to personal taste. Of course you could also plant the shiz out of it and that will help manage nitrates

Reactions: The Masked Shadow
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store