The REAL Tyranno. macrostoma coloring up

fishman76092

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2005
Trophy Club, TX
Got this fish from Old World (wild) about 8 months ago. I colored up briefly in my old Haps tank. I couldnt get rid of it-so I put it with my temensis, etc. Lo and behold, I wake up this morning.....and he is starting to color once again!

Honda12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Michigan
Nice REAL tyrannochromis macrostoma. Alos you other fish are really nice too. Thanks for informing me on what I really have. At least I ended up with a type of tyrannochromis cause they all are really cool.

fishman76092

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2005
Trophy Club, TX
Honda-no problem. Ive been a Tyranno spp fan since they became 'available' in the early nineties. I worked at a place where Ad Konings would come to do speeches and he explained the issue when I had both Tyranno spp in my show tank. I personally like then nigriventer better, but I couldnt get wild ones when this spp became available. There is talk that N. fusco will become a Tyranno spp as well.

Honda12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Michigan
How big is you tyrannochromis by the way.

Honda12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Michigan
How big is your champsochromis and what size did he start to color up. I have 2 males and a female about 7in to 8in and only signs of color are on the lower jaw with a little blue. Also what size tank is that. I saw your video on cichlid forum and it was sweet.

fishman76092

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2005
Trophy Club, TX
The tank is 400g-10' long. The champ is about 8" and has color in the face. He has colored up in the last week. I had a friend who bred them alone in a 150g and the males were in full color at 7". I think they dont color as quickly in community settings.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store