Aug 8, 2007
Miami
wow! the tank of death!!!

TIGERFISH24K

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2007
u.k
the tank is 6 foot by 2 foot by nearly 3 foot high, all the fish live happily, no fighting or anything like that and because Tigerfish grow extremely slowly im not concerned about tank space, they will be fine in there for a while yet, however the fish i am worried about are the perruno cats as they do grow Very quick! lol

BigShawn

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2005
Ohio
Beautifull never seen a school or shoal whatever you call them together of tigers how long do your think you can get away with keeping them in that size tank is it a 180g I might want to try this one day?

TIGERFISH24K

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2007
u.k
I think they will be fine in the tank for at least another year. as i said the Tigers do grow slow, my plan from the beginning was to grow one large specimen vittatus as this is still my favourite of the tigerfish species, so basically i bought 4 to start with then added to that as they became available to me and i was also very lucky to accquire two Goliaths which i in turn grew up and sold one on, so basically i would probably start selling them off as they grow and keep the one i like the look of the most, as you know each fish varies in appearence and tooth size etc. I believe with the right size tank there would be no problem keeping a school of these at a larger size, even though they do fight from time to time the intent is not to kill or seriously injure each other its more like play time for them as they chase each other, and as long as they are well fed i cant see any problems, mine have plently of space at the moment in the 6 foot tank. Good luck if you decide to set up a tiger tank i would definately recomend keeping tigers of all the pedatory species and believe me ive kept most, none compare to Hydroynus.

USMCtanker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2005
wa
omg thats so one of my dream tanks, so cool love atf

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store