Things you don't want to find in your tank...

black_sun

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2008
New Jersey
Okay, I know this is a marine invertebrate but I think the feeling would be mutually shared by both FW and SW invert keepers...

Can you imagine finding something like this in your tank?:

http://news.aol.com/article/giant-s...://news.aol.com/article/giant-sea-worm/412269

:eek3: Gah! It just creeps me out! I mean, the little annelids that hitchhike on my wild-caught crays creep me out. And then this is today's main news... ew, ew, ew, ew. (Yes, I know... I'm 23 and going "ewwww". Hush!)

Kronos26

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2009
South Africa
I don't want that in my tank and definatly not any where near me at all
It looks ugly and evil like some thing from a SIFI movie.

Otto_VonBacon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
Montgomery TEXAS
We get little worm hitchhikers all the time on the Live Rock, but none that big...

mikee870

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2009
Philippines, Davao City
wow it looks kewl, i wish there are worms lyk that in brackish water, i feeling the need to raise such creatures! Makes me wonder how they taste lyk.. Hmm what kind of seaworm is that anyway?

black_sun

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2008
New Jersey
Yabbadoo;2979250; said:
:OMG: Feed time would definitely be interesting....lol

I'll say! The article said it bit through 20lb line... it's a friggin' worm and it bit through 20lb? I've pulled in channel cats on 20lb without the line breaking... and a worm broke it? Man, I want to see that thing's jaws... all they said was they were "bizarre looking".

...Yabba, I think I've finally found a worm my big quad would actually not be able to eat... or maybe not even kill! I'm scared... lmao

PolypterusEdlicheriFTW

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2009
Cali
i would hate to find the carcass one my expensive fish being ripped apart by a bala shark. Oh wait, that already happened >.<

Yabbadoo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2008
The Dark Side
black_sun;2979392; said:
...Yabba, I think I've finally found a worm my big quad would actually not be able to eat... or maybe not even kill! I'm scared... lmao
LOL........I think this dude would demolish all comers!

I put the worm artical on another forum you visit now & then ;)
It's to cool!

Do you think it could be an April Foolz prank??? Got any more pics???

likestofish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2007
Duluth, GA
click the link for picks at the rare animal section it has a surface shot of a giant squid. I thought humbolt on small quid until i saw the jig. The jig is about 10 inches long, so either that is one of the biggest humbolts ever or a small giant.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store