Thinking about purchasing a Lungfish for my 180 - tank mate experience?

Shenanigans

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2011
Wyoming
personally I wouldnt trust either knives or the wolf fish. A lungfish is just a big sausage and it is all too easy to take a bite out of it. If it comes down to it, I would feel safer going with the smaller tank. IMO, brown knives are much less aggressive than clowns

johnnytaboo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 4, 2005
MD, DC, VA
The South American I was looking at was larger than any fish currently in my 120, but smaller than almost everything in the 180. That's why I was considering growing him a bit in the 120, then transferring him to the larger tank once he put on some mass.

If he was big enough, I wouldn't worry about the wolf or the CK, but I'm not sure of the growth rate on these guys.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Aweshade9

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2012
USA
The South American I was looking at was larger than any fish currently in my 120, but smaller than almost everything in the 180. That's why I was considering growing him a bit in the 120, then transferring him to the larger tank once he put on some mass.

If he was big enough, I wouldn't worry about the wolf or the CK, but I'm not sure of the growth rate on these guys.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I would, mala got some nasty teeth and SAL have zero defences against it. Same with clown knifes. And then the gator gar will probably kill all of them by the time it hit 18"

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store