Thinking of converting my 180g to a FOWLR, please talk me out of it....

Wharf

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2018
Pasadena
I don’t think I could have just one tank anymore without going batshit and changing things every other month. I think you’re attempting the impossible
Good insight my friend...

Wharf

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2018
Pasadena
Only decent one that will fit is the octo 1000 hob I will eventually get 2. Since I cannot plumb this tank without fighting water levels in the internal wet-to-dry, I will just get a couple reef octopuss hob's. Some of the inline ones are kind of crappy...I looked at other options. RIO has gone out of business and used to make the needle wheel pumps that powered the skimmer casing...which Advanced Aqua Tanks sold designed for the tank. I think the reef octopuss hob will perform much better though.

Wharf

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2018
Pasadena
Ended up going with 2 Octo 90 HOB classics for the skimmers. One on tank, another on the way. This is the tank so far. I have a small Niger Trigger too, but the phone freaked him out so he is hiding in the rocks.

CrazyPhishMan

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2017
Massachusetts
Well, you see I have over 15 years sober so there's that lol. I am pretty sure I have been to both lol. I am hoping by roasting my neurotic bs impulse/ideas it will work.
congratulations! always a choice I support, my life has dramatically improved since I put down the bottle in 2011

Reactions: Wharf and RD.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store