THIS IS WHY WE ARE SO STRICT!!!

abortedsoul

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2008
MD, USA
Fishonthebrain;1571019; said:
Yeah yeah yeah... Ps get an undeserved bad wrap, yeah this is a stupid rule...
Fishonthebrain;1571019; said:
You know whats not stupid? The protection of floridas natural eco system...which will be disrupted by ANY introduced specie. Not just Ps and not because they're bad.

Get your head on straight people. Yes its bad Ps get a bad name. NOOOOOOO its not bad to protect NATURE... you know nature? Where all our wet pets came from in the first place?

I live in Fl and have personally seen peacock bass, oscars, and even goldfish just-a-swimin in our waterways...heck I have caught gibbiceps on a fishing line!

So either get over it or start telling your buddies to quit dumping there pets in the creek...
Not all species that are introduced are invasive. If the niche is unfilled, there is always the possibility for a transplant to enhance the local ecosystem. Now, more often than not introducing a new species does do some damage (anywhere from minor peripheral to disastrous), but it is just irresponsible and dishonest to leave the impression that any new species is the end of the natural world as we know it.

Snakeheads are, by far, some of the most invasive species around; I know, I have caught them right here in a river near where I live. That said, if you check with the wildlife experts even the dreaded snakehead (which Maryland actually poisoned its own rivers in an attempt to get rid of) is simply a minor nuisance, and really hasn't had any world-shaking impact on the local wildlife.

Now, I'm definitely not making a case for releasing captive exotics into the wild; quite the contrary. I just can't sit quietly while people develop a Salem-esque righteous fervor and provide a distorted perception of such an important issue.

Being rational and dispassionately assessing the evidence will always get you the best answer available. This situation is no different.

simmo21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2008
SOUTH AUSTRALIA
P's are only a problem if some idiot lets them loose which ruins it for everyone until recently most agressive cichlids were banned in south australia when they clearly cant survive the winter the problem is whoever makes these laws knows nothing about fish.:screwy:

TimBuna

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2009
USA, Tx
Wolf3101;1335238; said:
Many of you are missing the point...

It's NOT a question of the law bieng a just or deserved one....it's a question of the law EXISTING and bieng broken for profit...

You may very well belive in your heart that theres nothing at all wrong with torching off some herb or driving alone in the car pool lane....but it's STILL wrong and it will still get your fanny in a sling if you get caught....

I agree, if you plan on being a business for all intensive purposes of making money then you should know as much as you can about it and not half @ss it.

Looks like the guy got a $10,000 lesson in business ethics.:screwy:

Reactions: Deansy and Cholly

Ullopincrate

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2008
South Eastern US
I wonder if they are going to get his customer list and look everyone up to destroy their piranha like they are picking on that guy in new york with the snakehead rocky

abortedsoul

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2008
MD, USA
Ullopincrate;2870668; said:
I wonder if they are going to get his customer list and look everyone up to destroy their piranha like they are picking on that guy in new york with the snakehead rocky
Does anyone know what happened to him?

I think that the crazy zeal developed by preserve-it-all whackjobs has many casualties, like Rocky the snakehead. He didn't even have the capacity to survive in the local waterways if he was released.

misterjose23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 4, 2009
In my fish tanks.
all these rules blah blah blah i know they have to regulate the environment, but there should be a law where the general public has the ability to acquire a license to house an "illgegal fish" the government would make money off us. and im pretty sure a lot of people will jump to this.

before you know it we wont be able to have "convicts" because they multiply like crazy...
sucks i live in cali the state where fish tanks are cheap bt you cant have anything. just like owning a lamborghini can you really drive 150 mph all the time. nope!!!

Freezekougra

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
misterjose23;3824218; said:
all these rules blah blah blah i know they have to regulate the environment, but there should be a law where the general public has the ability to acquire a license to house an "illgegal fish" the government would make money off us. and im pretty sure a lot of people will jump to this.

before you know it we wont be able to have "convicts" because they multiply like crazy...
sucks i live in cali the state where fish tanks are cheap bt you cant have anything. just like owning a lamborghini can you really drive 150 mph all the time. nope!!!
dont complain about socal fish deals ._.

BobB

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Rosemount Mn
Something like that happened in the Saltwater Hobby a dealer had a holding tank neaar the Florida Keys for Lion Fish storm came and the tank broke. Lionfish population exploding in the keys area no controlling fish.

Reactions: Deansy

orandaman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
USA
Smart guy not, first off if you are going to do something not legal do not post it on ebay or the internet at all how dumb can this guy be he deserves another 2 or 3 hundred thousand added to that fine

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store