Tiger Tank Update

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
can we get a feeding vid and some full tank shots?

West1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2007
TIGERFISH24K;1982303; said:
Ive had them for about a year now i guess, no way near 5 years or im sure they would have outgrown the tank.
you must of got them at a pretty good size then:naughty:

TIGERFISH24K

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2007
u.k
They were all around 3 inches long when i first got them, so they have grown a fair bit, i will try to add a feeding vid in the next few days, i have some vids on youtuble under thetigertank its in three parts, if you guys havent allready seen it? But i will add a better quality one as soon as i get a chance.

West1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2007
TIGERFISH24K;1982303; said:
Ive had them for about a year now i guess, no way near 5 years or im sure they would have outgrown the tank.
So in a lil over a yr they grew about 7" or so :WHOA:

Man, I better keep my 5" cause they might be able to live with my 11" Goliath:naughty: (for a short time:D)

TIGERFISH24K

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2007
u.k
I think as long as they are roughly the same size and you have a big enough tank and the fish are well fed that you can keep all the Tigerfish species together, my Goliath is not as aggressive as the other tigers in the tank however having said that when he reaches closer to the 14 inch mark things might change!! Good luck with youre Tigers, i wouldnt get rid of any of them if i was you, i stil these are the Ultimate predatory fish to own.

ironmunki

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2007
maryland
beautiful killers man! definitely wouldn't put my hand in that tank. how big is that tan by the way?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Good looking group interesting background.

TIGERFISH24K

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2007
u.k
The Tank is 6 foot by 2 by 3, and to answer previous questions, i feed them prawns, whitebait, trout, salmon, and live river shrimp from time to time and obviously the occasional live fish, such as goldfish etc, my plan from the start was to get as many juveniles as i could to grow up and then choose one or two specimens to keep and grow on to full size however as they started to grow i noticed variations between them, and at first i thought i had 6 vittatus and one Goliath however i know believe i have 4 different species in the tank including Vittatus which i believe i have two, one Goliath, one Brevis, and two forskalli, and another which has a different shape mouth alltogether however could be any of the species mentioned, so as you can imagine i dont really want to sell any of them till they get a bit bigger and know for sure what species i have in there, but ideally i would like to keep all of them however as they grow i dnt think that this will be possible!! lol.

Edwin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2007
Whittier,Ca
great looking tigers.

p.s dude loving the background. lol is it a sort of liner???

TIGERFISH24K

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2007
u.k
lol. Ghetto! Dats how we do things here in the UK!! lool its just a dustbin bag which i cut outand stretched out at the back because before you could see through to the wall and believe me it looked ten times worst! i just havent had a chance to rplace but will eventually! Thanks for the coments.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store