Dr Joe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Sixty Miles South of Tampa Florida
MilitantPotato;658543; said:
Looking very nice.

Just another observation on the sump.

If water enters the top of the bio area, then exits from the top also, there may be a problem. If the media is stuffed in there and offers some restriction, the water will exit the container without penetrating the bottom levels of media.

Yep. me too...

I thought it was flowing out the bottom. Are you striving to flow under and back up thru the scrubbies?

Walmart for scubbies?? No dollar stores or big lot's near you? :D

Oh by the way, I'm really likin' this setup :mwave:

Dr Joe

Dr Joe

nero6370

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2006
Medina, Ohio
I haven't checked the nearest Big Lots yet; all of the dollar stores were out of scrubbies or had them on a handle:screwy: As far as the ? about the media not being effective in the lower levels of the chamber- I'm not sure yet how that will turn out. My first thought when building the sump was that all the water entering the bio chamber is churning up all the scrubbies to one degree or another, therefore even at lower levels the scrubbies should be able to produce colonies, being exposed to the same water as the ones at the top. I may be off track; I hope not though!!

Dr Joe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Sixty Miles South of Tampa Florida
nero6370;659624; said:
I haven't checked the nearest Big Lots yet; all of the dollar stores were out of scrubbies or had them on a handle:screwy: As far as the ? about the media not being effective in the lower levels of the chamber- I'm not sure yet how that will turn out. My first thought when building the sump was that all the water entering the bio chamber is churning up all the scrubbies to one degree or another, therefore even at lower levels the scrubbies should be able to produce colonies, being exposed to the same water as the ones at the top. I may be off track; I hope not though!!

Your right, they will colonize. I just didn't understand the flow path...Thanks for clarifying it.

Dr Joe

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store