Tinfoil Barbs & Pothos Roots

mattybecks

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
Dubai, UAE
Hi Guys,

Just a quick question wondering if anyone has kept tinfoil barbs with pothos roots dangling into the tank? Will they munch on the pothos roots?

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Hi Guys,

Just a quick question wondering if anyone has kept tinfoil barbs with pothos roots dangling into the tank? Will they munch on the pothos roots?
Tinfoil barbs will munch on your hand given half the chance, lol. All you can do is try it, afterall people's experiences differ and you might get lucky. The thing with tinfoils is they are that greedy even if you fed them well with pellets and greens, they'd still be hungry.

Reactions: mattybecks

mattybecks

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
Dubai, UAE
Tinfoil barbs will munch on your hand given half the chance, lol. All you can do is try it, afterall people's experiences differ and you might get lucky. The thing with tinfoils is they are that greedy even if you fed them well with pellets and greens, they'd still be hungry.
Haha yeah I have had them nip my fingers before when I am sprinkling in food. It's one of the reasons why I like them lol

mattybecks

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
Dubai, UAE
Just an update for internet record purposes (as there was not a single post/article/info about tinfoils and pothos roots anywhere).

I have had 5 tinfoils barbs in my tank for 2 weeks now. They have not touched the pothos roots in the tank. Like to swim through them.
My pothos has started sprouting leaves underwater now, so far its just two small sprouts, but these have been left alone too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store