tired of lifting bucket..

Dr Joe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Sixty Miles South of Tampa Florida
rivendel;2813891; said:
hey joe, just sick and tired of lifting bucket so im looking for a device like fill and drain stuff...
I understand.

Been there done that and still doing it in some cases.

A pump to remove water from the tank (unless you have a canister filter, then you can use it) and then move the pump to the ted water to refill is second easiest to have 2 pumps to do it.

Treating the tank before / during / after filling with untreated water is wrong and detrimental to the fish and the people that do this don't care for their fish as much as the care about their time / labor / comfort. They will tell you they see no ill effects from it but would not be able to recognize the effects from it.

Yes, some manufacturers say you can do it, but it's not their fish is it?

There's a thread here on it if you like.

I hope you don't consider this a derail, but just an explanation to help you choose better.

Dr Joe

FSM

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2008
Georgia
pythons are way overpriced. Get a hose...buy an attachment so it goes on the sink...and you're done.

rivendel

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2009
Canada
but how can i connect it? coz im gonna use the sink in my bathroom you know whats the faucet look like in the regular washroom... do i need an adapter for it? what kind?

rivendel

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2009
Canada
Dr Joe;2815209; said:
I understand.

A pump to remove water from the tank (unless you have a canister filter, then you can use it) and then move the pump to the ted water to refill is second easiest to have 2 pumps to do it.

Treating the tank before / during / after filling with untreated water is wrong and detrimental to the fish and the people that do this don't care for their fish as much as the care about their time / labor / comfort. They will tell you they see no ill effects from it but would not be able to recognize the effects from it.

I hope you don't consider this a derail, but just an explanation to help you choose better.

Dr Joe

this is what i need and i dont know where to buy it, and i dont even know what to call it... all we have here is rona and home depot

Rivermud

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2007
Idaho
Try looking for a waterbed drain and fill kit. That has the piece you are looking for. You should be able to find the piece at Home Dumpster

basslover34

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2007
Montreal
Dr Joe;2815209; said:
I understand.

Dr Joe

Although you have a certain point due to your location you don't take into account the difference in water quality and treatment methods from one location to another... Example in Quebec we don't put floride in the water supply (which is why so many quebecers have bad teeth :ROFL:)

tetra

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2006
+ENGLAND+
i always use a bucket when i do my water change from my six foot tank but i only have one tank .

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store