Titan Triggerfish, anyone keep them?

Bsixxx

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2006
Thinking of going full salt, but I hate all the typical 'community fish's people keep. I'm thinking a FOWLR type setup or if I have the patience a poor man's reef. With zooanthids and other stuff most fish don't mess with, like mushrooms.
Anyways thinking of a center piece fish like a Titan Triggerfish with some of the trevally I currently have swim around.

Thoughts?
Tank is only a 360 wide until they hit 16+ inches

Reactions: mattybecks

mattybecks

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
Dubai, UAE
How large would the titan be when you get it?
Im guessing 360 is gallons and not litres, so you may be fine for a little while depending on the size you get him. Do you have a plan for when this guy starts getting towards 75cm? I don't know much about titans bu I think they may also eat the zoas and mushrooms.
I know some trigger fish even eat things like sponges.

How much live rock will you have in there? What's your filtration like? Why not try some smaller species of triggers or something like the larger puffers.

For myself personaly if I ever get a larger SW tank I would love to see a group of lionfish.

Bsixxx

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2006
How large would the titan be when you get it?
Im guessing 360 is gallons and not litres, so you may be fine for a little while depending on the size you get him. Do you have a plan for when this guy starts getting towards 75cm? I don't know much about titans bu I think they may also eat the zoas and mushrooms.
I know some trigger fish even eat things like sponges.

How much live rock will you have in there? What's your filtration like? Why not try some smaller species of triggers or something like the larger puffers.

For myself personaly if I ever get a larger SW tank I would love to see a group of lionfish.
360 gallons, yes. The whole system is 520 gallons with the sump. I just want a single display fish for saltwater and I like the idea of a low maintenance reef tank. I chose the titan triggerfish as I like the colors and personality. Also, I've never seen one in captivity over 12" .
The pictures added is my inspiration.

1503id288_wnitxh.jpg

Titan.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store