To Add or not to Add

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
Thanks. Really just lucked into them about a year ago. A lot of people who see them for the first time think they must be a saltwater fish because their colors are so bright.
how big are they? They looked like the same size as my Orino.

Reactions: xraycer

SOLObucky

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2015
Big one is 14 inches or so while the other is about 10.

Like Dis was saying, we might just leave them as a pair and go with something else to round out the tank.

I would have loved to go with a bigger tank but 300 is the max.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
So, a month or so the daughter and I decided to add a Kelberi to the pair of Orinos we have in our 150. The Orinos are about 12" and 15". The Kelberi we introduced was about 10". There was some jostling between the Orinos and the 10" red pike when we introduced them, but it didn't look like anything that serious.

Well, the next morning the Kel was beat to hell. We pulled it out but it didn't make it. 10 year old daughter was devastated. :(

Well, We're upgrading from a 150 to a 300 next week and after getting it cycled, we're thinking of adding some stock.

We're just not sure if we should add anymore Peacocks.

I've read a bunch here that 3+ more is usually a good idea, but it didn't work out for us. An isolated occurance, or are the two we have just crazy territorial?

Any thoughts are appreciated.
You introduce a new fish to an established "territory" and the result is an all out assault on the newcomer. Introducing old and new stock to a brand new set up(300) at the same time, should yield a more peaceful hierarchy establishment

Reactions: mrrobxc
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store