Too Many Fish In My Tank?

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
you should really upgrade your filtration. those hang on filters are pretty worthless, unless your running the AquaClear brand. i recommend adding a large canister filter to your current setup

rba718

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2008
Miami, FL
dmed;1848378; said:
You over-did it. Your tank will soon be overcrowded and some of the individuals you have are incompatible. The people at Petsmart are there to sell you fish and chemicals, not to advise you about proper husbandry. Most of them probably have little or no experience. I agree that if you keep buying fish there without using QT your tank will not be overpopulated for long as you will inevitably introduce disease.

Unless you want to split these fish at least 3 ways in equal or bigger tanks than you have now, I'd say it's time to reassess and regroup (and make some returns) Decide which species is your favorite and build around it with compatible fish rather than going to the "Petsmart fish buffet" and feeding that addiction!
I totally agree. I have a friend whose in the same boat and he buys at least 5 fish A DAY. :shakehead Today he bought himself some very small Ast. Cichlids, a Blue Crayfish, a Gabon Shrimp, and 2 Bamboo Shrimp. Mind you he has a 29 gallon with probably well over 30 different fish in it.

I've tried to guide him a little but he can't seem to hear my advice anymore... Anyway, don't turn out like him, do plenty of research and carefully plan out anything you get in the future.

dmed

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio, US
***When you finally stop buying fish, they will try to sucker you in with the chemical additives. Don't fall for it. Compatible species, avoid overcrowding, and water changes -- that's your mantra.***

dmed

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio, US
smoothcrimnal6;1855115; said:
some of those fish will get too big for that tank
There's an echo in here - LOL

Hello....hello....hello..........hello..............hello.................:hypnotize

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store