too many fish?????????????

golcondorus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2006
Oregon
I was wondering if this is too many fish for a 100 gallon, (saving up for a 300) I have in there right now two senegal bichirs, one 9inches one at 7 inches, one delhezi at about 7 inches, three leopard bushfish at about 4 inches two african brown knives at about 4 inches, two red tailed barracuda at around 5 inches, and three hujeta gars at around 4 inches each, it sounds like too many just typing all the fish, the filtration turns the tank over about 10 times an hour, any thoughts , should I hurry up on the bigger tank?

astronatus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
Kansas
Id say you're right. Get going on the 300. You may want to do some extra water changes in the meantime to be safe. Just keep a close eye on your fish and watch for signs of oxygen deprivation, infection, all of that. Good luck on the 300, where did you find a tank that size?

I was wondering if this is too many fish for a 100 gallon, (saving up for a 300) I have in there right now two senegal bichirs, one 9inches one at 7 inches, one delhezi at about 7 inches, three leopard bushfish at about 4 inches two african brown knives at about 4 inches, two red tailed barracuda at around 5 inches, and three hujeta gars at around 4 inches each, it sounds like too many just typing all the fish, the filtration turns the tank over about 10 times an hour, any thoughts , should I hurry up on the bigger tank?

Deathcurl

BOO!!!
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2005
NYC
Depends on what school of fishkeeping you're from. There's the Japanese style of packed monster tanks, the other extreme of having 1 fish per x amount of gallons, or somewhere in the middle. Just keepin mind that the more fish you have in the tank, the more filtration you need.

P.S.: That's a nice Uroplatus Fimbriatus in your avatar!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store