top feeding cl!!!

Razman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2007
NoVa
lol, a little while ago after i fed some bloodworms to my angelfish and my clown loach came up and started EATING THEM!!! does anyone else have a top feeding clown loach?

Razman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2007
NoVa
WyldFya;725334; said:
I have seen many feed from the surface.
really? i thought they were strict bottom feeders, just proves im a :newbie:

JD_MAN

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
Indy Anna
Depending on what I am feeding mine, they will come up to the top for a minute to feed until it starts to settle on the bottom of the tank. Some of my bigger ones don't seem to ever leave the bottom though.

Mosdefenate

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2006
Ft.Lauderdale Florida
recently all my fish finally got used to me and recognized who i am so everytime i walk by the tank during the day they all come up including the loaches but when night comes the loaches hide away

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Most of my loaches take flakes from the top.

Shikartha

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2006
San Diego
My 2 Yo Yo loaches will come to the top and swim upright attacking any food i put in there making clicking sounds the whole time and pushing everything els out of the way.

toehead11183

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2006
Memphis, tn
all four of my Clown Loaches fight for food at the surface. they used to hide when i have them in the malwai tank but after putting them in the 150 tang tank, they swim out in the open and come to the surface for food. my tangs swim out in the open so the loaches feel safer and do not hide

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store