TopFin Website???

bigboy55693

Feeder Fish
May 23, 2010
Texas
Sorry if someone else has posted this before, but I figured I would share my knowledge that I gained while trying to replace a plastic light fixture shield on my 10G.

I am not asking this question as I came up with some contact information for the manufacturers of some "TopFin" branded items commonly found at your local Petsmart, and by posting here it should come up on Google for all others to come and see.

I did a lot of Google searches trying to find this answer, and I kept getting dead ends, mostly that Petsmart manufactures these "TopFin" items, THIS IS MOSTLY FALSE. Petsmart owns the brand name. In most cases the items are manufactured by third parties, and branded with the in-house brand at generally lower prices. So this means, in order to get replacement parts, Petsmart wont deal with the customer on non-warranty claims. So we need to go direct, for non-warranty issues of replacement parts.

So what I found is that the tanks and hoods are made by ( All Glass Aquarium Co. and Oak Creek Products, Inc. ) A search of those manufacturers, brings up links that all lead to Aqueon.

So "TopFin" tanks and hoods are just a different version of Aqueon stuff.

Aqueon Contact Information:

You can also reach us M-F 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM CST @ 1-800-255-4527 or write to:

Aqueon Products
Central Garden & Pet
9675 South 60th St.
Franklin, WI 53132

As far as the Power Filter (Models: 10, 20, 30, 40, 60) and heater go, I found a distributor name: Pacific Coast Distributing, Inc.

A search of that brought me to the AZ Corporate Commission, which shows that distributor changed its name in 1990 to Petsmart, a la Petsmart customer service phone number listed with filters and heaters.

There is a phone number listed in the manual (1-800-804-2059) M-F 8 AM to 8 PM EST, which is listed as "TopFin" customer service, AKA Petsmart customer service, which from what I have read from other people's posts is a run-around service in and of itself. Personally I have not called them, as my issue was related to the hood, just passing on what I read all over the place.

So basically, thats the summary of reading and wading through all the bull crap that is out there regarding this subject. All of what I have said here is out there on Google, but it is fractured and doesn't have an explanation attached as to how they reached the conclusions and contact information.

Hope this helps someone, it did for me. I got a new plastic light fixture shield coming in the mail now. Good luck.

Reactions: FJB and JackEmerson

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
I just avoid buying Top Fin products.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store