Oct 2, 2006
Pripyat, Ukraine
You mean like tanks without a lid?

cichlaguapote

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2006
Pripyat, Ukraine
Only things I don't like about no lidded tanks is.. skittish fish may jump, lets airborn dirt in your water, and has to have the heat one higher to get the same temp as a tank with a lid. I don't see a reason for really purposely doing it unless you just can't afford a lid.

sean-820

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Earth
well if i did no lid i would use floating plants or something like that

look at some high priced acrilics made specifically for professional aquascaping becasue they dont have lids

FishyFry

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2007
Michigan
www.pandk.org
ok. Just curious. All my tanks have lids. Heat, jumpers and dust, etc. are my reasons. I noticed the tanks without lids are primarily planted, but a friend of mine had been running his brackish tanks without a lid for some time. Unfortunately, his Eel decided to see what life was like on the other side and now he has a lid on it. It was just one of those things though where some interaction with another fish in the tank ended up in unwanted results. I was wondering how many other monster tank owners run without a lid.

AMG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2007
NY
I wouldn't feel comfortable having a tank without a hood. The chance that one of my fish would take a leap of faith is not a chance I want to take.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store