Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

I dum care =]
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2005
Tampa
Tank number 1 I tried to make bigger but it just would not cooperate its the same file from when it was in the monthly contest.. it was small then too. There was not much I can do with it.

As for the tanks it runs every other month and started at the middle of the year so no there is not a lot of choices out of 2011. I think the tanks are nice, if you want to see some set ups or something you like in the contest then enter your own tank or encourage others to enter their own tanks. Everyone has a different taste as to what they feel or think is nice (which should be respected). The contest is open to anyone that wants to enter their own tank as it falls within the rules.

DrownedFishonFire

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
Great 3 personal tanks submissions! I'm not saying a word about tank three. (oh wait I changed my mind)

One, TWO and Four did a great job.

DrownedFishonFire

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
That rule wasn't added until after that contest. There's no reason for it not to be included.
That wasn't a loophole of whose tank it was it's a big black and white, it's no grey when it comes to plagiarism when one takes credit for someone elses work. To be more specific this contest wasn't the best photography .... the title of the contest is the best tank of the month, so therefore the photographer was already in default when they took the photo and submitted it in the contest, the title just said it all it wasn't the best photography, it was the best tank, not photo which was only the final step in the contest to take and submit. The contest clearly was for the work people was to put into their tank and show it off. This is plagiarism in some peoples view, but in other words did the public aquarium give written permission for their display to be submitted in this contest? I highly doubt that was followed. That's what the whole another can of worms come in if you guys look at it like a lawyer for other 3 contestants who did the moral right thing. Plagiarism is too ugly but its a fish eat fish world out there and that tank 3 outright trumps every one elses tank as it was a team of people who did it so it says two minds are better than one.

Killduv

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
I like 2 as it is smooth on the eyes. I like the look of the gravel and the driftwood. Not to mention the pbass as well.

305phins

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2010
ZION
I hope this is for tank of the year, not Dec ive seen all these tanks before old pics.. When do you enter the contest for the coming month i want in..

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I'm actually surprised by the results a little... personally i thought tank no. 4 was the best out of the lot, since it had a nice scape design to it, compared to the others which to me seemed a bit boring (no offense to the owners), maybe a few more plants or driftwood etc would help set them off that much more...

I think if Tank no. 2 had more plants or driftwood in it i definitely would have swung my vote that way instead...

Now on a more curious note, i wonder how many people are basing the votes on the actual tanks, and how many are basing it on the fish inside the tanks / the photography skills...

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store