• Yes

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
my Bearded Dragon Sunny has a dental disease called Pariondontal Disease. He has a growth in the front of his lip. He is in a lot of pain. But his biggest problem is that he has a broken jaw. He somehow broke his jaw, and has a bone infection. Bone infections are nasty. They start in the bone marrow, and tear apart the bone.

So there are 2 decisions. I drop $1500 on surgery where the vet clears the bone infection, fixes the broken jaw, and treats the pari disease, or I euthanize. He is only 6, and Beardies average lifespan is 12 Years. I do want to spend my money on something else, so I am leaning towards euthanasia, but that is never easy. What would you do?

*My parents will pay for half the surgery, which is 3k*

Last edited:

FJB

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Hard to provide advise, as only you can fully evaluate the circumstances. Is the money available, or the effort involved fair /not fair for all; Considerations regarding the prognosis / quality of life for the dragon post surgery; do you feel is the right decision; does it make you think on the investment on this vs on other things including helping somebody else. Any and all of those, plus many more. Tough decision. I am sorry you are in such situation.

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
I feel euthanasia is the best option. I’ve had him since he was 3 inches. He always hangs out with me while I do homework. He’s been a great pet.

Reactions: DrownedFishonFire

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
It's a tough decision but when you start talking those type of figures, for an animal, then I think putting the lizard to sleep is the best option.

Don't be too hard on yourself, you've given him a good life. And out of respect for the little fella you can put him in a box and bury him in your garden.

:rip sunny?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store