MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
sorry bud

Damascus

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2020
I don't feel as though anyone else can make this choice for you. It's your choice, and your pet. I would offer advice in the way of doing what is best for the animal, because at the end of the day, you have to live with what you choose to do.

I am sorry to hear about your lizard and wish you the best

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
So, under further investigation, the surgery will cost 1k. The original thought was that he had a bone infection on both sides of his jaw. From what it looked like on X-rays, that's what it was. But I decided to pay 200 dollars for exploratory surgery. I did this because I wanted to know I did everything to help him. They put him under and poke around in his mouth. Instead of bone infections on both sides, they found bone infections on the jaw bone and a different bone that is hard to pronounce.

The surgery price went down by almost 2k. They do need to remove a mass caused by the Periodontal Disease.

My thought process was: He was my first pet. His personality is great. The probability I will own another beardie is low. I want to do whatever I can to help him. I have a lot of things I can sell to get to 1k. Basketball hoop, drum set, and tons of different things I've outgrown over the years. My parents will not pay 1 penny. All my friends love him. They love feeding him, and he has became popular around my neighborhood because I have him out in the front. He chases vacuums, which is something special. I love him.

The vet who will do the surgery is the #1 Reptile vet in the US, and I use him for yearly checkups for my tortoises. I entirely trust him. So, with tears of joy in my eyes, I make this post. I'm going to keep him alive to live his last 5-6 years with me.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Good luck! I hope the surgery goes well!
Maybe your friends will give a bit to help? Everyone seems to love him!
Toothless and Oz send their best wishes (Randall couldn’t care less about anyone lol)!

Reactions: The Masked Shadow
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store