Toxotes Blythii - Clouded Archer!

jeaninel

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2014
california
Thanks! I love these guys. But my husband gets annoyed with them because sometimes they'll spit at us lol.

They're eating NLS, Hikari pellets, occasional frozen bloodworms and live crickets.

Reactions: magpie

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
These guys are definitely on my wish list. Happy to hear that you got them eating prepared foods as well. For me having them spit at me would be awesome and entertaining, not annoying. ;)

One more question and then I'll stop bothering you. Have you found them to be skittish at all?

jeaninel

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2014
california
Oh it's no bother at all . I don't mind talking about my fish.

Yeah, I don't mind them spitting at me. First time it happened I was like what the heck?? And then realized it was the archers lol.

They're not too skittish. Sometimes at night when lights are off and you walk by the tank they will sometimes splash around a bit because my tank is between the wall and the bed on one side and there's just enough room to get by. But other than that they are fine.

DoctorTopher

Feeder Fish
Nov 29, 2018
How has keeping the clouded archerfish in groups worked for you guys? I've read they get shy by themselves but I've seen some people talk about aggression levels.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store