Treating Hexamita aka Spironucleus

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
No need to add metro, but 4" is kinda small to force feed. It's doable, but your call.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Treat tank water with Metronidazole, or Clout.

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
As Neill states, force feeding is your call.

If you do it, add a little mashed food to the epsom salt solution and drive it in with the syringue gently but surely.

He keeps something in his gut and the treatment is more effective.

Armand

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2009
Mexico City.
www.piranha-fury.com
@RD.

Ok, after 5 days of force feeding my fish with the epsom salt and mashed food fish health didnt improve, nor got worse at least either, so I decided to add metro to the same mashed food and the epsom salt. Since then five more days have passed and still fish helath doesnt improve, his kok is starting to look like a dry grape, he is lethargic too.

I think he hasnt died because of the force feeding and somehow medication has helped out for that not to happen.

Now I am worried, he should have shown signs of improvement by now, dont you think so?, this is really super frustrating.

I am force feeding him the medicated food as long as it takes, but I am starting fear that he' d never recover and despite all the efforts to keep him alive he might end up dieing.

What can you comment about this?, I need your help.

heatherbeast

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2009
Atlanta, GA
heatherbeast.deviantart.com
Armand, best of luck to you!!! It is hard work. Have you tried the baths with concentrated metro and epsom salts mentioned earlier in this thread?

RD, I wanted to come back into the thread and offer you (and others who have contributed ideas for treatment and support) my very sincere thanks. I have paid attention to what you have suggested, and the severum appears to have fully recovered. He's been in a 55 gallon tank with a few other fish, and is eating normally on his own. He even ate nori from my hands this morning. I'm so happy I could cry.

Day21InTankFull.jpg

Day21InTankFull.jpg

lindsayluohan

Feeder Fish
Mar 14, 2013
Philippines
Sir RD..my fish has been affected by hex since february and he still passes out white poop even after he has been treated with metro..that was a 7 day treatment..i saw this thread and tried the 3% epsom salt solution treatment and he did show signs of improvement after 2 days! now the problem is, in the 3rd day of epsom salt treatment, he started to have white poop again..until now..he never showed signs of weakness or decreased appetite..it's just that he's been passing out white poop and i'm worried that it may get worse and worse..btw, i used MgSO4.7H2O or magnesium sulfate heptahydrate..am i using the wrong MgSO4? it says all epsom salts are the same :cry: help please! thanks!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store