Treating Ich in tank with Rays

dparks87

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2010
Florida
Hey guys I noticed some ich on my Severum. I added salt at 1 tbs per 10 gallon three days ago but I notice the infection getting a bit worse. The fish is still eating and seems to be little effected, but I need some suggestions on a good treatment option that is Ray safe. I think the ich came in on a batch of blackworms. The tank is 180 gallons, the temp is now up around 78 F. and the tankmates are 5 frontosa and two Marble motoro rays. I would also be willing to do a bath treatment. I do not notice the infection on any other fish.

Any help would be greatly apreciated,
Best regards,
Dave

dparks87

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2010
Florida
you think an increase to around 82-84 would be better?

I will do this but I would still like a recomendation on a med. to use. It could come in handy now or later on

Thanks,
Dave

sizors

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Orlando / Casselberry FL
api super ick worked for me the one time i had an outbreak. i dont know if it is ray safe though...

if you can quarantine and treat

dparks87

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2010
Florida
I though about quarantining but I would prefer to treat the tank.

Cajun you are very right. I usually keep my tank a bit cooler, maybe around 74 or so. I usually only use fresh foods and pellets though, This was my first blackworm feeding and like a lazy fool i did not take the worms out and rinse them prior to feeding, I just dumped them in the tank... I get so excited to feed my rays! Anyway, That is the last time I do that.

Joeygee23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2009
Hartford, CT
Kordon RidIch. Always have some on hand.

toehead11183

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2006
Memphis, tn
people...please do not make suggestions if you dont know what you are talking about. anyone can find an ich product. the subject is
Treating Ich in tank with Rays. So we need a product that WONT kill the rays too!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store