Treating sharks with ich

Chevygirl529

Feeder Fish
Jun 13, 2018
Hi all.. I am running into something I haven't before.. I have a bamboo cat shark that is scratching/flashing..almost as if he has ich. I also have tangs in the tank , but they are not displaying the same symptoms. 1.) Is it possible for sharks to get ich? 2.) How do you go about treating it? He is still eating and swimming just fine. His activity level hasn't changed much besides the barrel rolls to scratch on the sand. I just added another shark 4 days ago that was in QT prior to coming to my home.
All help is greatly appreciated.
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
pH 8.0
Nitrate 20ppm
salinity 1.026
Temp 79 degrees F

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hi all.. I am running into something I haven't before.. I have a bamboo cat shark that is scratching/flashing..almost as if he has ich. I also have tangs in the tank , but they are not displaying the same symptoms. 1.) Is it possible for sharks to get ich? 2.) How do you go about treating it? He is still eating and swimming just fine. His activity level hasn't changed much besides the barrel rolls to scratch on the sand. I just added another shark 4 days ago that was in QT prior to coming to my home.
All help is greatly appreciated.
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
pH 8.0
Nitrate 20ppm
salinity 1.026
Temp 79 degrees F

Possibly fluke or parasitic Coepods. No flashing from the new shark?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store