Tri-State Area; Free Blacktip Reef Shark to a good home

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Anyway to get in touch with turbo? He might know someone.

Reactions: Oompa Loompa

Oompa Loompa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2016
+1 to Thekid. Frank, I will PM you Turbo's number shortly - he may take it, he's got at least one tank close to or over 20,000 gallons. If he won't take it, could try the Baltimore Aquarium - they've got their big Blacktip Reef exhibit with similarly sized sharks, they may take it.

Your main problem is moving the shark though, a 3' ORV shark isn't the easiest thing to move. I'm from MD but I don't think I know anyone up there with something large enough for a BTR unfortunately.

Reactions: Frank Castle

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
+1 to Thekid. Frank, I will PM you Turbo's number shortly - he may take it, he's got at least one tank close to or over 20,000 gallons. If he won't take it, could try the Baltimore Aquarium - they've got their big Blacktip Reef exhibit with similarly sized sharks, they may take it.

Your main problem is moving the shark though, a 3' ORV shark isn't the easiest thing to move. I'm from MD but I don't think I know anyone up there with something large enough for a BTR unfortunately.
ORV?

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Means Obligate Ram Ventilator. Basically, it's a species that has to continually swim in order to breathe. Makes them much harder to transport than benthic species like bamboos or catsharks.
Yep.

turbo253

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2009
new york
If the shark is still available I would gladly take it. And give it a good home. Shoot me a pm and let me know. Thanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store