Tropheus Moorii

amesbien

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
The Moon
I got 2 little like 1 inchers tonight for practically free from a friend. I tossed em in with my cichlids, there was some tension but i think there okay now. Anyone got any pics of these guys, i hope mine turn that brilliant red. I might only keep one of them which turns redder.

But seriously, anyone got any pics?:naughty:

SinisterKisses

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2005
What cichlids are you keeping them with?

Be careful with them, they are notoriously difficult to keep without losing them to bloat.

amesbien

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
The Moon
im keeping them with my africans. so far theyre doing okay i was worried a bit by them being eaten but all the litte cracks and stuff gives them the edge. My tank is way better than they tanks they were in, im 100% sure theyll be just fine.

SinisterKisses

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2005
Lol there are a LOT of africans, I'm curious as to which ones ;) Good luck with them, hope they stay happy and healthy.

xxt2goodxx

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2005
www.myspace.com
careful for bloat and i heard you need to get large groups of them like 15+ or single and you cant mix different tropheus cuase they will have like colony wars

amesbien

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
The Moon
ive gotten mixed comments about my mixed group of africans.

1x of each. Bumblebee / red zebra / ngara peacock / snow white socoloffi / yellow lab / rock krib / and now the 2 little firecrackers
a red clawed crab and a bushy nose pleco

But it works, they are all equally asses to each other, i havent had any deaths besides the peacock thing but that was a while ago.

And as for having more than 1, i will only be keeping one of these guys when they get bigger, which ever one has more red.

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
toehead11183;663541; said:
Tropheus moorii (Kasakalawe)
They are very pretty..good luck with them!

fischfan13

Banned
Feb 9, 2006
Jersey Shore
www.*****************.org
Here are the Red Moliro that I used to keep...

Keeping Tropheus are pretty difficult. I would only keep a Species tank of these. Adding Tropheus to a tank that already has Tropheus in it is too risky, IMO.

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
tropheus do not do well in the long run with what you have. They are more peaceful and do not eat the same foods... you can move to a food for them and the others can eat it, but they are more susceptible to water pram...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store