True Hydrocynus goliath (African Tiger Fish) 3.5 inch $200

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumblesushi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
ENGLAND
I'd like to know too, just out of curiosity :)

Joey you seem like a dynamic guy, why not skoot over to this place and check it out, see if it's still there :D

shoefreak03

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 4, 2005
in my own little world
R1_Ridah;528767; said:
;) ..Believe me if it wasn't a 5 hour drive from me I would.....

I'm curious as to who was fortunate enough to buy this Goliath ?
next fish run up north. there is suppose to be more than one there. if it is true, we split it and both come up big and talk about it on the long drive home..:naughty:

to the OP, i really dont think you should take it so personally. maybe you just dont know how rare these GATF are. if you did, for $200 you would have snatched it up and probably make 5x the amount you paid for. i mean even if i did found one at a LFS that is truely a goliath for $500, i would snatch it up and figure out what i would do with it later. that is easy money or on the way to getting a fish I really want. i would be giggling like a little school girl while calling Joey up asking him, "guess what's in the bag..." you are not the first person to post they saw a Goliath at a LFS and you surely wont be the last. there has been many false alarms to get people so excited and 99.999% ended up disappointed.

i've seen Joey's Goliath couple of times along with his other ATFs and even now if i saw it again in alone, i still would not be able to tell the difference amongs the others.

BraveheartCalif

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2005
Bermuda
This was my fish for years. I studied it like a womens body~
And got in contact with Douglass Dann. So my opinion is itsa lways worth investigating...George Fear landed 2-3 about 4 years ago. Toyin got in like 2 i believe where mixed with Vittatus. Tiger Fangs we know his story..so its possible. Most cant tell dfferance when there young. Unless you have one u can see the difference. But not Goliaths are exactly same either ive noticed, u see slight variations there too. But if someone is the area, take a pic and post it. If its a real deal and its a good shot. Im sure it can be ID'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store