Trying to find two Channa aurantimaculata in canada

Mockeyman

Feeder Fish
Apr 28, 2022
I’m looking to find two snakeheads to stock my 280 gallon preferably babies so I can watch them grow

Marximus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2021
www.youtube.com
I’m looking to find two snakeheads to stock my 280 gallon preferably babies so I can watch them grow
Its illegal in Canada isnt it?

Marximus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2021
www.youtube.com
I think only in a select few provinces like Ontario and BC
Hmm I don’t think so..I haven’t seen anyone from Canada with a snakehead, bowfins are illegal there too..good luck tho

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Bowfin are native to Ontario, and certainly were legal to keep when I lived there. They were sold in aquarium stores...and also bait shops! I don't know about other provinces, but each has its own rules and regulations. I very much doubt that they are illegal now.

Snakeheads? Years ago every LFS had a tank crowded with bright red-striped C.micropeltes fry; other species were seen very infrequently. My LFS owner mentioned something about not being able to ship Channa to Ontario and Quebec, but didn't mention other provinces. Again, you must check your local regulations.

This is Canada; we have enough things that really are illegal, in the aquarium field and everywhere else as well, without adding imaginary bans as well.

Marximus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2021
www.youtube.com
Bowfin are native to Ontario, and certainly were legal to keep when I lived there. They were sold in aquarium stores...and also bait shops! I don't know about other provinces, but each has its own rules and regulations. I very much doubt that they are illegal now.

Snakeheads? Years ago every LFS had a tank crowded with bright red-striped C.micropeltes fry; other species were seen very infrequently. My LFS owner mentioned something about not being able to ship Channa to Ontario and Quebec, but didn't mention other provinces. Again, you must check your local regulations.

This is Canada; we have enough things that really are illegal, in the aquarium field and everywhere else as well, without adding imaginary bans as well.
bowfins are illegal there or some areas. My friend had his bowfins confiscated like 2 years ago.. his Yt channel is predatory feedings with Elias.. i think he lives in ontario.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store