Turning Saltwater Fish into Freshwater!

big E

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2005
the French Part of Compton
I think its best to keep them in the water they need, I have done the salt to brackish thing before but it depends on the type of fish, I couldn't imagine anenomes and clownfish in a freshwater tank! :screwy: :grinno:

Redtail_Watcher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
i agree, with them!
I want to just thought to be a inlightenment Why don't you try to do the oppsite instead? you can turn freshwater puffers into saltwater puffers or like archer fishes, i hear they can be found in saltwater.

big E

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2005
the French Part of Compton
When I was keeping a gsp it was eventually headed for full salt, but some fish like archers, I think are more brackish than full salt? not %100? Its always cool to ask a question, I know that I ask a lot that many people would think are basic so I am glad I don't have to worry about being flamed,

Redtail_Watcher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
i read in one of my books that Archer fishes can be found in the ocean, maybe because of due to mateing season.

ns.rbs

Feeder Fish
Jun 15, 2017
hello my dudes and dudedettes,
I'm from Indonesia and many people from my country have successfully converted saltwater fishes into freshwater. I believe they acclimate them slowly with saltwater by dripping freshwater into their tanks, the process takes between 1 week to 3 months and I've even seen a marbled catshark being acclimated. Honestly, this is pretty cruel and unhealthy for the fish even though some of them live for a very long time, it is like putting a human being in a small room and breathing in only smoke, they will live but they are suffering and won't last as long as they should. If you guys are interested in seeing pictures of the fishes, pm me or email me: rafanuel0929@gmail (i cant post a link or a file since i just signed up)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store