Turtle shell damage

Punjabiking1500

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2020
Guys I have 2 turts they both have a long long story I will tell a part in as short as I can
This is my fav turt he is so excited to see me in that excitement once he jumped off the lid of the tank and fell of result being his finger cut due to his shell impact
Today I see some damage after many months the finger wound jas healed
What time uh think she'll will take to heal what can I do to speed up process

Punjabiking1500

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2020
Guys just found out that there was a layer on top after removing that layer I found that it is more of a rot after the damage
I am currently treating with betadine what else uh think I can do
I want to restore his shell like nothing happened

1 2many

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2021
New Jersey
Keep treating with betadine solution. Also try improving the overall conditions of the enclosure (if it’s not aren’t already in optimum condition). Clean water, excessive filtration, proper UV lighting and land area

Reactions: Punjabiking1500

Punjabiking1500

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2020
Keep treating with betadine solution. Also try improving the overall conditions of the enclosure (if it’s not aren’t already in optimum condition). Clean water, excessive filtration, proper UV lighting and land area
Brother the land area that I have is not fully dry and also no uvlight I sometimes show him sunlight should I do it in regular?

Punjabiking1500

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2020
He has a big enclosure clean clean water

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
If it is rotting, it could be shell rot, which is potentially fatal. I would take to vet as soon as possible.

Punjabiking1500

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2020
If it is rotting, it could be shell rot, which is potentially fatal. I would take to vet as soon as possible.
Bro I remind uh it's india
There is no vet here in bilaspur in my place
If I had I'm so concern first I would have taken to vet and then I would have posted
In India there are Veta in metro cities or either very rare
dude I have to treat this lad by myself
Bro pls guide me what I can do

Reactions: The Masked Shadow

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
Under further investigation, it could just be an infection. If you see any white on the wound, let us know. I would suggest getting onto a reptile forum.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store