uaru fernandezyepezi

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
I have 4 currently the largest being about 4 inches... I love them but had the same issues multiple diseases that had to be treated. Now they are doing good and growing!!! I would love to spwn them in the next year...

here is a couple shots of mine

IMG_0217.JPGIMG_0221.JPGIMG_0210.JPGIMG_0209.JPG

IMG_0217.JPG

IMG_0221.JPG

IMG_0210.JPG

IMG_0209.JPG

pelayo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 23, 2013
asturias(ESPAÑA)
thanks for answering, are these pandas look great, if yours are too wild and off the mucosal layer I can give the solution if you wish, in my case one of them is sending the Hexamita him and starting to get a little crazy with the issue of multi diseases.
Now I have to re-medicate against Hexamita, I've tried Hexamita esha, tinidazole but as I commented one of them relapsed and the rest will do it too safe,
you can recommend me something they did well to yours?
Thanks in advance and best regards​

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
what ever happened to 'peathenser' or whatever his name was who had a group of them? Haven't seen him posting here for a while.

I don't think there are many people here with them, which is a shame as they're lovely looking fish. I'd love a group, but they aren't available here in NZ...

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Good to hear. I hope/dream that some day this species will become more readily available and tougher as the other Uaru has, and perhaps with a bit of luck a group of juveniles may slip though unnoticed by or border control staff...
:redface:

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
When dealing with these guys it's best to treat the the same way you would wild Altum Anglefish or Heckel Discus. They are, not unlike the two species mentioned very fragile and suseptable to many stress related illness on arrival. The stress of capture and transport take a toll and proper acclamation is critacal to decrease the mortality rate of newly aquired fish. IME with Altums and Heckel an aged tank with a matching ph, some peat filtered water and a temp around 87F gives new fish the best chance of survival. Some prazi and a UV doesn't hurt either. Over time you can then acclamate to your local water and they are fine, they may not necessarly breed in your local water but they will live and grow just fine. The key to sucess is the inital acclamation, proper QT and treatment, after the frist month the critacal stage is for the most part over.

pelayo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 23, 2013
asturias(ESPAÑA)
​thanks for your answers, they already carry with me six months, but never ill until two months ago.
tomorrow I start a treatment with jbl spirohexol and after this treatment I will have to cure them surely fins, but I hope to be effective treatment.
there are many topics on the net about these fish, but the experience I have with them is that pretty well endure treatments and that's good.
I love them and I'll do anything to bring them up and raise them successfully.
trying to give the parameters closest to the river Atabapo, but sometimes that is very difficult when you do something wrong with these fish fast I indicate with red eyes
in these months I have rebuilt osmosis water in many ways, I have aditando Seachem equilibrium, be mineral salt, salt remineralization marine tropic, tropic marine pro discus, plus AQUADUR jbl, calcium and magnesium 3:1 as to for prawns with cattapa tannins, oak, linden, alder and more, and if I'm honest I have sometimes not clear at this point what is best for them, since 100% osmosis feed water at not having anything at all next to Hexamita sicken among other things
of course I'm willing to share my knowledge with anyone who they keep and need it.
greetings and a pleasure to be among you

noelsfishland

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
In My Aquarium
cool fish I live on long island and i have not seen them for years, and the price was crazy.and they always seemed to come in not very strong yours look great. enjoy them

pelayo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 23, 2013
asturias(ESPAÑA)
thanks again, I take to upload another video of them, six months, or i always say that wild specimens were considered successfully acclimated when they had six months at home, so that once again the cure of diseases that have multi now, I can say they are acclimated finally esteos although fish is all more complicated, but here is the essence of advanced aquarium .......
[video=youtube_share;fb_MfBX6swI]http://youtu.be/fb_MfBX6swI[/video]​

pelayo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 23, 2013
asturias(ESPAÑA)
now it seems that the Hexamita cured, and began again with the release of mucus,'m getting to used to continuously medicate, I have to get them to play to be entirely different being exemplary F1​

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store