Ultra nice 2/24/10

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
^ vazzoleri :drool: that's been my favorite cichla that isnt seen in the hobby. definitely a possilblity. that oval/oblong 3rd spot is definitely interesting!

Scatocephalus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2004
Rio Negro
fugupuff;3936066; said:
The only reason I vaguely attributed it to C. thyrorus is because of the last spot is stretched out, oblong shaped. Here is a picture I just took. Enjoy :)
Admittedly, now that I see the fish in a decent side shot the head, face and body shape do say "temensis type". C. vazzoleri and thyrosus are both n the running. I'll read the description of each again and see which better mathces.

Cichlidgeek

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
New Jersey
These are the most interesting new Cichla that I have seen in quite some time. Your mortality rate is typical of truly wild Cichla, too, which makes them even more appealing to me. I would be curious to exact-as-possible locality of collection though, as I have my own ideas as to their identity.

cchhcc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 31, 2006
Virginia Beach, VA USA
I have to say, with all the nonsense going on lately with vendors, Fugupuff has set the standard of how to handle things: answers to every question, no deception, no claims he can't support.....just good solid information. Great job!

Hopefully some people have learned a bit about the economics of wild fish collection too! Keep that in mind the next time someone tries to "sell" you a bunch of wild fish!

Best of luck with your sales!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store