Umbee babies

mr cichlid

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2017
I screwed up and paying consequences for it. My well established umbee f-1 pair (male from 'The general' wild umbee on YouTube)i was giving them a break from spawning as to let female put on size again and only way i could do it was separate them but enjoy watching them interact so instead i put them in community tank. They we definitely in charge for many many months until whoops female dead. Sun rise all was good. 2 hours later male midas tearing into his no longer rival. I've had fish snap but never to this extant and so unexpected. Long story short i am requesting a female juvenile or some fry if anyone able to ship inshaAllaah babies don't need overnighted and i can supply all needed materials and send explicit directions if 1st time. Thanks

Reactions: GamerChick5567

heavyhitter

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2008
Nebraska
Never underestimate the bellicose of a determined amphilophus!
Sorry for your loss.

Reactions: J. H.

mr cichlid

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2017
out of all the cichlids I have bread over the years never have I seen the male completely abandon the female to be beat to death. Normally it is her mate that tries to pick her off and that typical Behavior was easier to prevent. regardless thank you for your kind words and here is a picture of the 15 inch male I'm looking to get a partner for in sha Allah

IMG_20151126_131242424.jpg

Reactions: rajzynger

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
Beautiful midas. I know its hard to lose a coveted fish just like that, but I would be looking for a female midas!

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
Sorry, I just assumed with nuchal hump like that, it must be a male. I guess I should not post on big cichlid threads until after I have kept some.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store