Ummmm......Help! Missing a fish lol

CatchemAll

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2019
Alberta Canada
Ok so i bought a Clown Knife about 4 inch so very young and small. I placed him in a quarantine tank just to insure health and growth before placing him with other fish. I did have a small bristle nose pleco and some larger common plecos in there just for tank cleaning etc but my little bristlenose is gone? I didnt think the Clown would even be able to eat it....could he have?

CatchemAll

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2019
Alberta Canada
How big was the pleco? Clown knives do have some pretty large mouths.

Are there any places it could be hiding?
Nowhere to hide a moved all the substrate because that was my first thought maybe its hiding but searched thoroughly and hes gonzo lol. So yeah i underestimated the clown i think. Just didnt really think he was big enough yet.

• Haha
Reactions: EntoStentor

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Nowhere to hide a moved all the substrate because that was my first thought maybe its hiding but searched thoroughly and hes gonzo lol. So yeah i underestimated the clown i think. Just didnt really think he was big enough yet.

If Clown Knife was hungry not surprised the Bristlenose was eaten.

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Idk if a CK can eat a bristlenose pleco, 4” CK dont have a mouth that is that big yet, plus the CK will have a hard time swallowing the bristlenose.

CatchemAll

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2019
Alberta Canada
Thanks all for your responses and yes I agree also dont think he is big enough to eat the pleco but is it at all possible one of the large plecotamus would swallow him? They are definitely large enough although i do realize they are plant eaters.

CatchemAll

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2019
Alberta Canada
Did you take every single thing out of the tank?

By the way I had one jump out of the tank and I didn't realize it until I found him dried up behind the stand on the floor.
Yes i emptied it right out and sifted all the gravel. I checked all around the outside as well and no luck.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
Well it's a mystery....
If it happened here I might suspect one of my wife's cats was at fault.

But those things can move a long way on dry land and I didn't find mine until I went to plug something in behind the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store