unofficial fish of the week artwork

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Nice drawings! Have you ever done art classes or school before? I’ve found them to never help, but I was improving by myself.
I remember, as a child, finding a folder in my mums wardrobe. It was full of pencil drawings, really good ones too. She told me that long before I was born she used to do a lot of drawing, but I can honestly say that I never once saw her do any. When I came along she simply said she was too busy with me and that she had no interest in art anymore.

I don't know if this stuff can be classed as hereditary, in your genes type of thing, but I always put my arty side down to my mum. It came so easy to me at school but once i'd left school, as with my mum, I lost interest when "other" life things came along. So no, I didn't pursue it any further at all.

As I mentioned in an earlier post it was by accident that I came across my old school stuff in the attic all boxed up. When I opened it it was like a trip down memory lane. I started doing a bit of doodling with my old media, most of which was in a bad state, and it just seemed to come back.

The very best thing about it is that most of my hobbies/interests are outdoors. Running, cycling, walking and fishing. I only have my tanks as my indoor interest, but they hardly take up much of my time really so it's great that i'vd been able to rekindle this old interest of mine for when the uk weather prevents me from going anywhere and i'm stuck indoors twiddling my thumbs, lol.

I've bought some new media and what not, i'm just going to take my time and see where it takes me.

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Another one of my favourite fish, yet I've never kept them. I think there's just something magical about the colour blue in aquarium fish, and the frontosa outshines any other in that respect.

View attachment 1462596
I love the Frontosa! Fantastic drawings! I might have missed the post, but what type of media do you use? If this is color pencils: wow!

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
what type of media do you use?
Currently using Prismacolor coloured pencils. But I have water coloured paints, pastels, graphite pencils and some highlighter pens too, so I guess mixed media, lol. It's a bit of a learning curve at the minute discovering what medias are compatible with one another. You get good results mixing some of them and others not so much!

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Not to flex or anything, but my fish art is the best by far. ?
View attachment 1462611
"Happy Phish" - Polypterus_36 2021

jkjkjk ? I love the frontosa esoxlucius esoxlucius !
Can you do a yawning datnoid next?
This. This artwork here is the best one I’ve seen by far. I’m impressed.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I call this “fish tank”

View attachment 1463190
Your plants are looking a bit groggy, are you planning on using root tabs or going down the CO2 route! I'm guessing that your deep substrate layer is to promote anoxic filtration to aid with nitrate reduction? Oh, and I'm also guessing that those fish are flying fish, seen as there's no water in the tank!

Overall, a good start but it needs a bit of work young man, lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store