unofficial fish of the week artwork

vincentwugwg

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2013
New York Mets
I said the next one was going to be black and white, here it is Niki_up Niki_up . I'm not really into plecos but the zebra takes some beating.

The clue for my next one is the grumpy guy from sesame street!

View attachment 1463585
Wow! Such detail!! You can see improvement with every drawing. Awesome

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Well, as promised, my first voyage down the abstract route. As expected, it is a million miles from my other pieces, totally original, and because it's all mine I can actually sign them now!

From the initial conception right through to design and execution you're looking at 20 hours work here. And my first one just had to be hobby related. It might look like a total hodge podge but there are several clues here which lead to a hobby related message.

I've wrote the message down on a piece of paper. It is literally a couple of short sentences. I'll post the message up in a couple of days.

Moving forward, I think i'm done with copying images from the internet now. I've enjoyed doing this piece so there will be more to come.

Hope you like it. For a bit of fun have a bash at the message. Use ALL the clues, there's enough of them, lol.

IMG_20210807_160008.jpg

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Well, as promised, my first voyage down the abstract route. As expected, it is a million miles from my other pieces, totally original, and because it's all mine I can actually sign them now!

From the initial conception right through to design and execution you're looking at 20 hours work here. And my first one just had to be hobby related. It might look like a total hodge podge but there are several clues here which lead to a hobby related message.

I've wrote the message down on a piece of paper. It is literally a couple of short sentences. I'll post the message up in a couple of days.

Moving forward, I think i'm done with copying images from the internet now. I've enjoyed doing this piece so there will be more to come.

Hope you like it. For a bit of fun have a bash at the message. Use ALL the clues, there's enough of them, lol.

View attachment 1469004
I’m not very good with riddles or interpreting messages but I wanted to say the detail work is fantastic. And I quite enjoy this piece

Reactions: esoxlucius

..puSkar..

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2020

View attachment 1469004
Woooah. Great ?
We'd like to see to atleast 3 abstracts every week. ?? .
What say??

• Wow
Reactions: esoxlucius

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Three a week, @ 20 hours per each...

Yeah, you should be able to do that easily, if you quit your job or maybe give up sleeping.

I have no idea of what the message is, and like most abstract art, I expect it'll take at least a few days before I can even decide if I like the picture.

But, hey, there's probably somebody, somewhere, who has nothing better to do than furiously cross-breed every species of fish they can get their hands on...and once they come up with a real-life version of this critter, then this art will be re-classified from Abstract to Photorealism!

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
That’s pretty cool. You could become the Salvador Dali or aquarium art.

my guess at the riddle is “the KEY to a happy fish is a water change every 7 days like CLOCKWORK or you will hit a WALL andget HITH and WHITESPOT”

Worth a try, who knows what really goes on in your mind.? It’s pretty early Sunday morning here so maybe my brain isn’t awake enough to interpret your cryptic clues yet.

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018

my guess at the riddle is “the KEY to a happy fish is a water change every 7 days like CLOCKWORK or you will hit a WALL andget HITH and WHITESPOT”

Worth a try, who knows what really goes on in your mind.? It’s pretty early Sunday morning here so maybe my brain isn’t awake enough to interpret your cryptic clues yet.
I’m down with that guess, very good!!!

Reactions: deeda and Deadeye

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)

I would guess the same thing.

Reactions: Deadeye

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK

That, my friend, is pretty much on the money. You've missed out the relevance of the book and misinterpreted the meaning of the number 7, but i'm impressed.

The clues are the clock, number 7, the key, the brick wall, the hearts on the book, and of course the sad looking miserable fish in cramped conditions with white spot, the worse case of HITH you've ever seen, and part washed out colours (vibrant at the front end, dull blue/grey at the rear).

And the message, in full is....

Sometimes, in this hobby we all LOVE, it can feel like you're banging your head against a BRICK WALL. The KEY to success, and to avoid UNNECESSARY SUFFERING TO YOUR FISH is RESEARCH, a lot of TIME, and a bit of LUCK along the way.

A great message I think, and not a bad first attempt at a bit of abstract, even if I say so myself, lol

Not all my future pieces will have a message, nor will they be fish related, but if they do have a message, it will stay with me. It is up to the viewer to interpret what's going on in the piece. Artists like nothing more than a group of people gathered around their work discussing the mystery that is in front of them, even though, at times, and especially with modern art, it may be just a couple of squiggles and shapes, lol.

Oh and by the way, many of you know that I now need glasses. I didn't realise just how bad my eyes were until I started drawing again. Well my glasses, although they help considerably, are not enough. I need bright white light too so yesterday my new fully adjustable magnifying lamp came. Yes, it has a built in magnifying glass which helps with detail work. It clamps to the table top and you adjust accordingly to your needs. I love it.

IMG_20210807_144806_HDR.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store