Unreal childish stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
I'm sure Steve is nolonger pay attention to this, but I hope your trip helped you!

I deffinately feel you got your "friends" side of the story first if you even got the mods side at all and that is what matters alot of the time, who tells their side first. I learned that recently the hard way. There is two sides to every story but he who speaks first is usually the one that is believed most.

The people "leaving" just continues the childish bs. Be the bigger person and continue to teach and learn. Good luck Steve! Maybe some day we will meet and go for a fish store tour together!

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
I'm sure he only got one side of it.

Not the fact that there was several weeks of negotiations, not me giving them an an entire private area of the forum, not me out and out banning people who started problems with THEM, directly encouraging their behavior.

Then, after all the bending I did for them, all the special treatment I gave to them, all the protection I gave them from criticism, all I asked in return was to not fight on the open forum and play by the rules.

And they kicked off a 300 comment thread of complaining and continuing to pick fights with my moderators, all because I want people to follow the rules they agreed to follow.

Was I in a power trip? Damn right I was, I ran a power trip to protect a group of people, some of whom have been on a troublemakers list in the Staff area since before I was even a moderator, in an effort to be fair and keep said members around.

You're right, that was childish and unfair- childish because I allowed myself and the entire forum to be dragged into this instead of just dropping the hammer, and unfair to everyone else on the forum who is sick and tired of this nonsense.

Now let it die.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
Guys, I called Steve's business phone on a Sunday and left a message, because I want him back.
I'm hoping he's recovered from this shock soon.
I hope everyone recovers, and if anyone of you thinks I should be on probation, I will volunteer.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
I'm not going to delete this as I don't want to be viewed as hiding what happened, but at the same time, I'm going to close this thread because frankly, I'm tired of hearing about this crap.

S Steve_C you're welcome to shoot me a PM if you want to actually talk about this. Otherwise, whatever. I'm tired of the attitude of people who don't want to follow the ToS.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Yeah, for sure, in todays world it's always someone else's fault. I'm sure that your friends take no responsibility in any of this, because they were all forced to act in the manner that they did. Childish BS indeed. Don't lay your blame at Rob's door, or the mods here, your friends need to own their own behaviour over the past 6 months, and beyond.

And yes, you are correct in stating that the admin or mods here have an agenda. Their agenda is the same as it was the day that I joined up, to foster and promote monster fish keeping, at all levels. That's the only agenda that I have ever seen, and I have been here longer than most. In that time I have seen a lot of people come and go, and I have seen a lot of in-house arguments, many ending with a permanent ban by our previous site admin. Oddball Oddball
His agenda was to take no prisoners. While it seemed to me to be a bit harsh at times, it was an effective manner of crowd control, and no doubt an effective manner of time management for someone that is a NON-PAID volunteer. I never once in all these years shared so much as a PM with Phil, nor was I ever introduced to his hammer. For me personally it's simple, show me a rule book and I will play by the rules - and if I can't seem to bring myself to do that I will find somewhere else to play. Good luck.
"previous"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store