Upcoming Movies and TV shows

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Just got back from seeing Crimes of Grindelwald. Loved it I thought it was a good addition to the Harry Potter franchise and sets up the next one well.

Previews showed a new Keanu Reeves movies coming out called Replicas which didn't look too bad. Might have to go see that when it comes out.

Now sure if I will have time with Christmas not far off but I might try to fit in Creed II before its out of the theaters as well.
I was disappointed with grindelwald. Which was a shame because i really liked the first movie. I guess there was a lot of tying in to the books or whatnot, which i havent read, but i still thought the plot was incoherent and characters uninspired.

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
www.midwestcustomflyrods.com
I haven't read the books either but enjoy the films. I know everyone has different tastes, but I don't get why some people are saying the plot is hard to follow or incoherent in any way. Grindelwald & Dumbledore use to be great friends then splitting apart and each going a different direction (good-evil). The child now man "Credence" is the only person powerful enough to actually kill Dumbledore so Grindelwald was seeking him out for that reason. I felt Johnny Deep was a great choice for the Grindelwald character and liked his role in the movie.

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
I haven't read the books either but enjoy the films. I know everyone has different tastes, but I don't get why some people are saying the plot is hard to follow or incoherent in any way. Grindelwald & Dumbledore use to be great friends then splitting apart and each going a different direction (good-evil). The child now man "Credence" is the only person powerful enough to actually kill Dumbledore so Grindelwald was seeking him out for that reason. I felt Johnny Deep was a great choice for the Grindelwald character and liked his role in the movie.
What was that one scene about where everyone just blabs about whose brother is whose brother and who isnt really their brother at all but is in fact their sisters brother from another mother or whatnot??? Seemed like that whole plotline with those newcomers was unnecessary and fizzled. Also the old alchemist dude was just kinda lame and pointless as well. I thought the casting choices werent the greatest. Idk it just didnt captivate me like the first movie.

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
What was that one scene about where everyone just blabs about whose brother is whose brother and who isnt really their brother at all but is in fact their sisters brother from another mother or whatnot??? Seemed like that whole plotline with those newcomers was unnecessary and fizzled. Also the old alchemist dude was just kinda lame and pointless as well. I thought the casting choices werent the greatest. Idk it just didnt captivate me like the first movie.
This is what I am hearing from everyone. Weak plot and pointless subplots. However, as noted everyone has different tastes so I will be checking it out! I first have to watch the initial one. Is FB1 any good?

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
This is what I am hearing from everyone. Weak plot and pointless subplots. However, as noted everyone has different tastes so I will be checking it out! I first have to watch the initial one. Is FB1 any good?
I really liked the first one i was really excited to see the second. Idk maybe its just my age showing and this is the kind of movie that the younger generation enjoys these days. The cinematography in the second one reminded me of that craptacular "the last jedi", which all the young kids seem to like too.

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
www.midwestcustomflyrods.com
I don't think its an age thing, I'm inching up closer and closer to 50 :crazy:

I think the scene you are talking about is the one were Credence is trying to find out where he came from. I don't want to post it here because it would be a spoiler for anyone that has not seen it yet. But that scene explains where he actually came from.

the old dude was pointless I agree with that, but a lot of the Hp films had a pointless character as well. Need I mention Doobie? lol ;)

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Just got back from my nearly private screening of Hannah Grace and I enjoyed it.I started off very dark and suspenseful.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
That looked CREEPY AS HELL from the previews! lol
They did a good job of keeping that up throughout the film too.I was mildly displeased with the ending but it wasnt too bad.

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
Just got back from my nearly private screening of Hannah Grace and I enjoyed it.I started off very dark and suspenseful.
Nice, I think I will be checking this out over the weekend.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store