Upcoming Movies and TV shows

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Hellraiser 2022 waste of time. Please don't go pay to watch it.
I'd forgot all about the new Hellraiser! Thanks for the heads up Tom.

On the theme of horror/Halloween, I watched an old classic last night...."The Evil Dead".

I can't believe the first time around it actually scared the crap out of me. It's actually more of a gory comedy, lol.

Next up is "Ash vs Evil Dead". I've never seen it, but I suspect it is more of the same!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Hellraiser 2022 waste of time. Please don't go pay to watch it.
I wasn't aware it was in theaters,I thought it was a Hulu exclusive.....also,the latest Halloween is a stinker too,I know I know,surpris surprise lol...to the point that it is offered for free on Peacock.
I'd forgot all about the new Hellraiser! Thanks for the heads up Tom.
Same here and thanks as well.

Reactions: tlindsey

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I watched the first episode of "Ash vs Evil Dead" last night. If terrible acting, a weak story plot, along with buckets of fake blood and rubber masks/bodies float your boat, then this is right up your street. It's that corny I love it. Lol.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I watched the first episode of "Ash vs Evil Dead" last night. If terrible acting, a weak story plot, along with buckets of fake blood and rubber masks/bodies float your boat, then this is right up your street. It's that corny I love it. Lol.
......fake blood? Oh Hell yeah!

• Haha
Reactions: Ogertron3000

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
"Yellowstone" was recently mentioned by jjohnwm jjohnwm in the "official off topic discussion" thread. I searched for it, to no avail, but have since discovered it is available on "Amazon prime", which I have.

I watched the first episode earlier and this series looks like it could be extremely good from what I've seen so far. Cheers John, I've been on the lookout for something seriously good to watch, looks like I've found it.

Reactions: deeda and jjohnwm

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Perfect! I am a big fan of well-done schlock...stuff that skillfully toes the line between trying to be serious and being too campy. This sounds like a series? I enjoyed the original movie, might get a kick out of this...perfect to watch when the wife goes to bed early and I have unfettered access to the remote...:)

"Yellowstone" was recently mentioned by jjohnwm jjohnwm in the "official off topic discussion" thread. I searched for it, to no avail, but have since discovered it is available on "Amazon prime", which I have.

I watched the first episode earlier and this series looks like it could be extremely good from what I've seen so far. Cheers John, I've been on the lookout for something seriously good to watch, looks like I've found it.
That show is extremely addictive; one of my all-time favourites. I was never impressed by Kevin Costner as an actor, but he suits his character here to a T. I envy you the ability to binge-watch the first few seasons at your leisure, instead of waiting for a measly one-hour fix once a week. :)

Reactions: esoxlucius

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Perfect! I am a big fan of well-done schlock...stuff that skillfully toes the line between trying to be serious and being too campy. This sounds like a series? I enjoyed the original movie, might get a kick out of this...perfect to watch when the wife goes to bed early and I have unfettered access to the remote
I watched the original film decades ago when it first came out. I'm truly ashamed to say it absolutely scared the **** out of me back then, lol. I watched it again only the other night, and I could not believe it. It is certainly no horror movie, which is how I perceived it first time around. It's just gory comedy, lol.

The only survivor of the original movie, Ash, played by Bruce Campbell is absolutely brilliant in it. It's quite funny, and obviously very gory. They don't even properly CGI the gory stuff though to make it look real. It's just rubber and red paint throughout. Daft as hell, lol.

I was never impressed by Kevin Costner as an actor,
My only reservation about this show, before I started watching it, was the fact that Costner was in it. I can honestly say I have never seen him in a decent film. He must be my least favourite actor along with Bruce Willis.

But like you said, he does seem to fit his character well in this show.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I am currently four seasons into "Yellowstone". I've been binge watching it, up to three episodes at a time! I can say quite comfortably that jjohnwm jjohnwm recommendation to watch it is probably the best advice he has ever given out on the forum thus far, lol.

This show is brilliant, and very easily slots into the top five of my all time favourite shows, and that takes some doing because I've seen a lot!!

And Beth Dutton is currently tied in first place for the accolade of my favourite all time box set character, along with Walter White from "Breaking Bad".

I bow to thee John, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: deeda and jjohnwm
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store