Upcoming Movies and TV shows

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Took that crappy movie back and picked up Creed II while I was there. Maybe that will get the taste of the bad movie out of my mouth lol
Haha....still haven't seen that one yet either.

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
Well I watched that "Cold Pursuit" Liam Neeson movie last night. I honestly can not even find the words to convey just how much that movie sucked swamp water. The acting by everyone in the movie including Liam Neeson was just terrible. The guy that payed the head bad guy had to be the worst actor I have seen in many years in a major film like this. The story was just stupid, and there are some scenes that just make absolutely no sense what so ever. I would honestly go as far as to say it was the worst movie I have seen in probably the last 10 years. I would not sit through that again even if someone offered me $20 to re-watch it. Wouldn't even consider it for anything less than $50 lol
You do know the movie is a satire right? With a dark comedy twist, I enjoyed it actually :)

I finished season 3 of Stranger Things yesterday. Great season! Its not so much focused on the monster aspect and more the mysteries surrounding their reappearance. I recommend!

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
I usually eirher fall asleep while watching or simply give up watching such a movie as it's just not worth the waste of time.It's why I rarely watch any of the crappola on SyFy.
To be fair, SyFy's movies suck but they have/had good tv shows: Farscape, Expanse, Dark Matter, Warehouse 13, Z-Nation(a little silly at times). Others that are/were ok: Alphas, Van Helsing, Killjoys, Kypton

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
www.midwestcustomflyrods.com
You do know the movie is a satire right? With a dark comedy twist, I enjoyed it actually
Oh I know that, but that is still no excuse for the poor acting, bad story, and overall forced feel of the movie. While I don't care for the "dark humor" type of movie, that doesn't mean I don't understand it.

The problem was what they were trying to do in that film (make it somewhat of a Tarantino feel/style) it just completely missed. The parts that were supposed to be funny just weren't funny in any way, they were more forced and labored than anything else. Like the scene jacking up his Sons body where it took about 30 seconds to do it. That was supposed to be dark humor, but it just wasn't funny in any way. Just felt forced and lame. The acting sucked bad, the storyline was pretty incoherent, and some parts made no sense.

There were a lot of really stupid tech things in it as well if you picked up on them. Just two off hand....when he killed the first guy in the elevator, after he knocked him out the next scene is him dragging him to the guys big white van in the parking garage full of cars at the club. How did he know that was his van? The guy had nothing tying him to it that van, he never saw the guy before in his life so no way he knew that was his van, made no sense. Then the scene were he makes his 30/06 hunting rifle "compact" to fit under his coat. He saws the barrel off down to the stock, then saws the rear of the stock off down to almost the trigger, yet he leaves the 15" long 2" dia scope (which is now unusable on a sawed off rifle) on it?? Really? I know those are small things but when you add stuff like that into all the other crappy stuff, it just doesn't work for me.

Glad you liked it and got some enjoyment out of it. For me I would honestly put it in the top 10 of worst movies I have ever seen IMO.

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
Oh I know that, but that is still no excuse for the poor acting, bad story, and overall forced feel of the movie. While I don't care for the "dark humor" type of movie, that doesn't mean I don't understand it.

The problem was what they were trying to do in that film (make it somewhat of a Tarantino feel/style) it just completely missed. The parts that were supposed to be funny just weren't funny in any way, they were more forced and labored than anything else. Like the scene jacking up his Sons body where it took about 30 seconds to do it. That was supposed to be dark humor, but it just wasn't funny in any way. Just felt forced and lame. The acting sucked bad, the storyline was pretty incoherent, and some parts made no sense.

There were a lot of really stupid tech things in it as well if you picked up on them. Just two off hand....when he killed the first guy in the elevator, after he knocked him out the next scene is him dragging him to the guys big white van in the parking garage full of cars at the club. How did he know that was his van? The guy had nothing tying him to it that van, he never saw the guy before in his life so no way he knew that was his van, made no sense. Then the scene were he makes his 30/06 hunting rifle "compact" to fit under his coat. He saws the barrel off down to the stock, then saws the rear of the stock off down to almost the trigger, yet he leaves the 15" long 2" dia scope (which is now unusable on a sawed off rifle) on it?? Really? I know those are small things but when you add stuff like that into all the other crappy stuff, it just doesn't work for me.

Glad you liked it and got some enjoyment out of it. For me I would honestly put it in the top 10 of worst movies I have ever seen IMO.

To me, all of that was part of the satire and made it funny. But everyone has their own opinion :)

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
www.midwestcustomflyrods.com
Went and saw Toy Story 4 today. The movie was pretty good, but I swear to God I want to start smacking parents. I waited a couple weeks after it came out to go see it just for the fact some of the little kids would thin out. Prob only about 20 kids in the theater but I swear parents need to go back and take a class on how to raise their kids with some discipline/respect. Kicking the back of chairs, running up & down aisle and talking through the whole movie. Now I remember why I never had kids. Actually to be fair, not the kids fault, its the patents and the way they raise them :irked:

• Angry
Reactions: pwmin

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Went and saw Toy Story 4 today. The movie was pretty good, but I swear to God I want to start smacking parents. I waited a couple weeks after it came out to go see it just for the fact some of the little kids would thin out. Prob only about 20 kids in the theater but I swear parents need to go back and take a class on how to raise their kids with some discipline/respect. Kicking the back of chairs, running up & down aisle and talking through the whole movie. Now I remember why I never had kids. Actually to be fair, not the kids fault, its the patents and the way they raise them :irked:
All of that is why I try to go to the movies only during off peak times.I usually aim to catch the first showing of the day......when hardly anyone else is there.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store