Update on my 255gal cichlid tank

scarysdad

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2005
Scotland,UK
Finally, got round to taking a few up-dated shots of the 255; thanks for all the renewed interest in my Xmas thread.....

7 months on and things in the tank are going good; I say good not great as I have had 3 losses of the fish that went in at Xmas. All three down to 'dumb' luck; I lost my 8" Tem first he was chasing the Silver Dollars and swam straight into the glass and knocked himself out....he never recovered. My oldest GT was next I found him wedged at the bottom of the tank totally stuck under the background; managed to get him into a hospital tank but his injuries were too severe and he passed away after a week(that one really hurt; had him 3 years come through the wars with him, to lose him over something so stupid really hurt). Then my other GT got into a fight with the S jurupari and got his jaw broken, he died after 3 days which was a shock as his jaw was healing. Then last week I finally got myself a female Umbie; she was a good 5" and I thought would do fine but after 3 days she just vanished and the Lima Shovelnose's bellly looked mighty swollen so I am having to come to terms with this atm(nature sucks !!!) Everyone else is doing great though all growing like weeds. Got my grow-out Peacock Bass in there now doing great; not sure whether it is Mono or Occellaris tho'..........anyone ?
Got a 12" Synspillium from a friend at work he is doing great also. Tyre Track is also in and around 18". The BGK and the Arrow should be in by Xmas; just waiting till the Arrow tips 12".....

Anyway some pics......

rob0521

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2007
south florida
Wow thats one of the best aquascaping I've ever seen on such a large tank

filiportela

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2005
portugal