update on my silver aro

Koji

Piranha
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
Singapore
Kutty said:
Nice colours. Do you feed it colour-enhancing pellets?
No need to feed colour enhancer and these silver already display those reddish scales markings. Mine is a 2 feet silver and still displaying those reddish looking marking on the scales.;)

dodgefreak8

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2005
colorado
Kutty said:
How do they get those colours without colour enhancers?
truthfully I feed my aro primarily frozen krill. I can't get him to eat much more than that and the occasional quarantined rosey red(gut loaded on crushed tetra jumbomin food sticks) I starved him for about 6 days trying to get him to eat beef heart with no success. I gave in and fed him the krill. I am going to try earth worms when it rains next.

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
dodgefreak8 said:
truthfully I feed my aro primarily frozen krill. I can't get him to eat much more than that and the occasional quarantined rosey red(gut loaded on crushed tetra jumbomin food sticks) I starved him for about 6 days trying to get him to eat beef heart with no success. I gave in and fed him the krill. I am going to try earth worms when it rains next.

Be careful with getting worms from your backyard. It may be contaminated with pecticides, herbicides or other poisons. You dont want your precious aro to eat
poison laden worm.

dodgefreak8

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2005
colorado
good point I never though of that. I'll just get some night crawlers from the store. thanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store