Update on the characins GATF/VATF/Dorado

greenerinks

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2014
Shanghai, China
Just got a new lighting setup and snapped some new pictures. The gatf seems like it does not stop growing. One of the ATF has slashed up my bd ray and just now the blue Masheer has a cut on the eye. I might just put the masheer and blackberry silver dollars at a friends masheer comm. They might end up as expensive dithers at this point. Maybe some tinfoil barbs would be better.

Also snapped a picture of the dorado, the gold is coming out all around slightly.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Red Aimara

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
Great photography. :)

Hoping my GATF will catch up with yours in size and beauty.

Red Aimara

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
I see that you are having a smaller GATF inside as well.

What is the size difference between the small guy and the bigger ATFs? Any extreme aggression towards it?

There are some smaller GATFs currently available at my place and I pretty tempted to add another into my comm. :)

greenerinks

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2014
Shanghai, China
Thanks bro, the smaller gatf is just under or around a foot long. But the total mass would be maybe less than half of my larger gatf. The aggression that I have observed is that both of the larger ATF chase the smaller gatf but I think the smaller gatf gets away with it because they don't chase too crazily as the tank space is limited and the big ones don't want to smash their face chasing her. She's quite fast in the tank to dodge the aggression. If the size difference is within 50% Id say go for it but make sure it's big enough to compete for food.

image.jpg

Red Aimara

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
Your smaller looks great too - much filled out than mine. About slightly more than 12 inches?

Gonna pick up that phone and get another GAFT soon...LOL!!

greenerinks

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2014
Shanghai, China
Thanks, do it! But what Id really like to see if you get a brevis and whichever other sp of ATF that you still don't have yet lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store