Update...Pictures of My Fat Endli

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I think you just need to starve it. To be fair its not like i put effort into getting them on massivore/carnivore. Im just not a fan of hikari products. BUT if i was they would be eating it. Starve him for 3 days offer tilapia if he doesnt eat it over night then wait another 2 or 3 days i bet by this time it will take i. If not rinse repeat. Then start covering some of the pellets in tilapia get it to eat a massivore/tilapia meatball. Then start the starving process all over again until its eating your massivore.

Reactions: clm08k and magpie

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
I will start to work on it. It will be best if it eats pellets even though I feed tilapia to my big tank because the tilapia is pretty much demolished by the eels. I used to be able to put enough of it in to stuff the eels an have a little bit left for the catfish but now the eels are so big that I would have to feed a crazy amount for some to be left for the endli.

It’s been a bit hard to work on pellets with it because it’s currently with the three peacock bass that I’m also growing out. The two of them that eat well pretty much demolish anything that comes in the tank unless it’s the red wigglers. They do eat them, but they can only handle one at a time and take their time picking at them so the endli has plenty of opportunity to grab some. I might just have to keep them fed with what they will pick out of the water and keep the endli from getting anything for a few days, then try to get him to switch to the shrimp pellets that I’ve seen him eat, then try to mix in the carnivore pellets. I’m sure I’ll get it worked out. Heck, with as fast as the bass are growing, they might make it to the big tank before the endli. In thinking about it, I might try to move them over first anyway so that I can continue to work with getting the endli on pellets.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
Thanks for the compliments!

I will get the endli on pellets before moving it into the big tank.

Hulk is definitely a beast of a fire eel. He (or maybe she, lol) has always been super bulky. The other eel that I got at the same time is almost the same length, maybe and inch or so shorter, but has never had the girth of Hulk. Btw, the medium eel is Thor and the smallest one is Iron Man. I let my son name the vultures and he chose Thomas and Percy (he’s four). Lol

I don’t have names for the endli and bass yet. I’m toying around with Thanos for the endli.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store