Updates from the 300

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
I know there was talk about growth of polys when they reach a certain size and they seem to slow down. Well I have felt mine have been at that stage a while now but interestingly the wife commented that all the polys look bigger.

I have done a new feeding program of every night feedings. These are not huge feedings but more like just enough for the polys to finish off in a very short amount of time. They dont all feed every night but usually whoever is hungry gets some food. Probably the only one not getting a whole lot is the weeksii. She just is slow to coming around to the food. This is where the heavy feeding helped her because there is so much excess that she can feed at her pace and there is still food available.

But all is well and they have that nice lean look to them. I think Im going to try a power feed week or two with heavy water changes to see if I can get a little bump in growth.

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
I know there was talk about growth of polys when they reach a certain size and they seem to slow down. Well I have felt mine have been at that stage a while now but interestingly the wife commented that all the polys look bigger.

I have done a new feeding program of every night feedings. These are not huge feedings but more like just enough for the polys to finish off in a very short amount of time. They dont all feed every night but usually whoever is hungry gets some food. Probably the only one not getting a whole lot is the weeksii. She just is slow to coming around to the food. This is where the heavy feeding helped her because there is so much excess that she can feed at her pace and there is still food available.

But all is well and they have that nice lean look to them. I think Im going to try a power feed week or two with heavy water changes to see if I can get a little bump in growth.
If the weeksii gets hungry then it has no choice but to compete and eat fast.

Reactions: DMD123

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Did you decide to do the koliba and lap ?

Hope so

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Did you decide to do the koliba and lap ?

Hope so
I have the Nigerian up for sale still on a local forum but no bites yet and I dont want to Craigslist it just yet. I had put the Koliba up for sale but pulled the ad... so at this point they are both with me still.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store