Upgrade #1 4x8x2'

808_fairladyz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
Hilo, Hawaii
Dude, sorry for your loss of family. I've also been hitting the gym hard for the past 2 months. Strength starting to return. If you don't mind mean asking, what's your fav workout and where u @ with that? I love legs days and than backs. I'm a big fan of deadies. I can lock out 495 lbs 2 times, 3 times some times. Form starts to stray a little @ 495. My core needs more work. My brain remembers the work load, but body not quite ready.

My Xbox gamer tag: xXclusive808x. Run & gun baby!

TheBigB

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
North Texas
Dude, sorry for your loss of family. I've also been hitting the gym hard for the past 2 months. Strength starting to return. If you don't mind mean asking, what's your fav workout and where u @ with that? I love legs days and than backs. I'm a big fan of deadies. I can lock out 495 lbs 2 times, 3 times some times. Form starts to stray a little @ 495. My core needs more work. My brain remembers the work load, but body not quite ready.

Nice man, Im a gym rat as well. I took a few months off when we had our son but Im now trying to work my wayy back to where I was before. Its crazy how much faster your strength grows after you have already been there. Deadlifts are definetly one of my main lifts.....

houie925

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2008
Manteca, California
day 1-Squats, deads, back, light cardio
day 2-chest, shoulders, light cardio
day 3-abs, cardio
day 4-abs, cardio
repeat indefinitely.
I doubt I'll ever be as strong as i once was with the time constraints of a family, hobbies, and work but I'm hoping to get back to 495 on squats/deadlifts and 405 on bench. I think I can do it by the end of the year if I keep at it. Currently I'm weak and fat, hopefully in a few months I won't be anymore.
Squats and/or deadlifts are the key to building size or strength so I'm learning to love them again.

Still not much to photograph on the tank. Nearing completion but it still just looks like a wooden box. Hoping to get the blocks and build the stand on Tuesday. Might get the tank in place and silicone the glass in too if all is going well.

808_fairladyz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
Hilo, Hawaii
405 bench! I'm no where near that. Good for you buddy. Need to work on my benching. Chest is my least fav workout. I'm going for that huge wheels nice upper body disproportionate look. Opposite the hugh upper body chicken legs debauchery:). As for your aquarium, it took me little more than 3 months to complete. Would have been longer if my arowana wasn't trying to kill itself in my 55 gal. aquarium. It's all good, just don't give up on it. I feel proud of myself everyday that. I look at it. was worth it my friend. Aloha.

TheBigB

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
North Texas
405 bench! I'm no where near that. Good for you buddy. Need to work on my benching. Chest is my least fav workout. I'm going for that huge wheels nice upper body disproportionate look. Opposite the hugh upper body chicken legs debauchery:). As for your aquarium, it took me little more than 3 months to complete. Would have been longer if my arowana wasn't trying to kill itself in my 55 gal. aquarium. It's all good, just don't give up on it. I feel proud of myself everyday that. I look at it. was worth it my friend. Aloha.

HAHA I like it. Legs have always been my least favorite but I have learned to love the deads and squats. It just takes so much out of me.

As far as the tank goes, it almost always takes longer than expected. My goal for my build was to finish by my sons birthday part which was two weeks ago, now Im close but not quite there. These things take time and one thing I have learned the hard way is its better to take some extra time and do it right than to cut corners and have to re-do

Best of luck!!!

houie925

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2008
Manteca, California
I went out to the garage planning on putting on some FG tape but decided I needed to do more sanding and prep, filling screw holes etc. will tape more tonight or tomorrow. Looking around in the garage I don't think I have room for the stand until I'm done with the fiberglass and ready to move the tank. It's a mess out there, I really need to clean up. So much junk.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

808_fairladyz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
Hilo, Hawaii
Yeah, don't rush it if you don't need too. I rushed mines a little. My aquarium is solid and I'm not one bit worried about it failing, but I did spend alot more money than I needed too and wasted materials. Biggest regret is making the interior black. Should've gone with the epoxy resin top coat with the blue resin pigment.

houie925

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2008
Manteca, California
I have the cats in a 120 community tank and was hoping to have them out before they started eating their tankmates. As of about a week ago I'm too late on that so any rush there may have been is gone now. So far I haven't noticed any missing skirt tetras or buenos aires tetras but 4/6 of my rosy barbs are gone and they were the largest community fish in the tank. My hybrid is the biggest cat in the tank and is always patrolling but so far I've only seen the TSN with a full belly that didn't follow a feeding.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store