Upgrades to the 29g

Christophercanary

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2015
Bought 3 skulls and a corner stair thing with a hollow under part so the africans have a lot of holes and things to swim through, I also added a powerhead that I connected to my sponge filter to both my 29 and 75g shown on the floor in the kitchen..

I think the africans like the skulls a lot!

C.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Bought 3 skulls and a corner stair thing with a hollow under part so the africans have a lot of holes and things to swim through, I also added a powerhead that I connected to my sponge filter to both my 29 and 75g shown on the floor in the kitchen..

I think the africans like the skulls a lot!

C.
I personally like skulls in piranha setups.

Reactions: kno4te

Christophercanary

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2015
I personally like skulls in piranha setups.
I think the africans like em! they keep swimming through the eyes holes of the middle skull.

So change of plans -- gonna go pick up this yellow lab hybrid I saw yesterday and add it to the 29 -- so ill have 2 yellow and 1 kenyi in my 29, only because I've realized that a 29 is not enough space for a group of mbunas and I'm only gonna use it to quarantine these guys and put them in my 75 gallon tank.

The 75 contains a 2in female convict, a 2.5 inch dovi, 8 giant danios, a 3-4 in bamboo shrimp, 2 2-3in red claw crabs, and a 7 inch peacock eel.

My new plan is to put my africans in my 75 after a quarantine, keep my convict, dovi, and crabs in there with them and maybe a few danios.

Then put my eel, shrimp, and the rest of my danios in my 29 gallon for a peaceful community.

When my dovii gets bigger I'm gonna move him to my empty spare 90 gallon. From there hopefully the dovii turns out to be female so I can plan to upgrade her tank but if its a male I'll probably bring him back to lfs.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store