Upgrading tank suggestions

Willfisher12345

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2020
Currently i have a Jack Dempsey(8"-10") and turquoise Severum(~5") in a 55 gallon. They have gotten along very well with no fighting over the last few months. Soon i am looking to upgrade to a tank around 125 gallons. What other fish would you suggest adding to this tank? Right now the fish i have been looking at adding are: green terror, red devil, convicts, kissing gourami, salvini, oscar, raphael cat, pleco....
obviously all of these can't fit in the tank but if anyone had suggestions on what to add or what not to add that would be awesome

Fishnerd360

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
I’ll say no to the green terror and red devil as they get aggressive. I don’t know about the others, but the oscar will produce lots of waste so lots of filtration needed. What about blue acaras instead of a green terror? Almost any plecos will be fine in a 125 gallon, bristlenose will be good for algae cleanup. You could probably add schooling fish like silverdollars.

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
I would avoid the Red devil or anything very aggressive like that, the fish you have are usually pretty chilled out in comparison. If you add an Oscar, you would be just about fully stocked.
What is your water like? pH, hardness? You have one south american and one central cichlid; they can coexist, but prefer different water types, and the other fish I recommend would probably be ones that would thrive in your water.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store